The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, ftk said:

Anybody know what David Smith has planned for the North Terrace?

I know it will be new hospitality boxes but will he keep the terracing or do you think he will put seats in?

Can’t see seats going in , but could see some sort of roof being added 

12 minutes ago, ftk said:
33 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Yeah a roof would be good. Improve toilets and catering and it's a great wee stadium.

Toilets have been improved. Sometimes the lock doesn’t work though 😂

Was it the old Love Street that had their terracing opposite the main stand roofed and then latterly seats put in?
I always thought that sort of set up would be class for our north terrace.
Nah seats are rubbish. Keep the terracing. A roof is all it needs.

His comments were pretty vague at the time he bought the land. Not sure he knew himself.

I’m sure he said something along the lines of balancing the charm of Somerset which is popular with visiting fans who like to stand and watch football with a modern hospitality offering. 
So either the north terrace will be a seating/standing hybrid with a new hospitality suite or he’s putting in a new snack bar. 
No plans have been lodged yet or someone would have spotted them so it won’t be done for a couple of years at least. 
whatever the change, it’ll need to make money. So I am guessing the hospitality will be part of it. 

I’m not sure if the changes to the hospitality over the years have lessened the appeal, it used to be individual areas, you had your own (free on the day,but included in the price) bar and it was a quiet, professional environment.

it became a supporters bar with no dress code and fans could pay a fee to watch the game from there. 
it became less of an event and a day out to a way of having a pint right up to just before kickoff. The hub should replace that.

In my last job, they took hospitality at most major grounds and sporting events. My old boss said Ayrs was the best by a country mile because of the service. 
it was reduced mostly through necessity I guess during the financial slump at the club and globally. 

Was there not a trial of "safe" standing in the Premiership? Can't remember what the outcome was, it would probably be a happy medium for us.
Wishlist for me would be; Change round rails to the flat topped ones, A roof that allows for shelter on the rainy days but still get the sun on the nice ones, decent catering options and wider turnstiles as I'm a fat b*****d and get the fear in ours. Would like to keep the fence and players coming down the NT though, as a fan experience that has been class this year. 

A full length hospitality suite would also be decent and if done well could incorporate gantries for TV cameras (or our own) for all our future European games. Enclosing the ends of the roof (like the railway end) would also help transfer noise onto the pitch. 

I always pictured Somerset with Corner stands. Would be fantastic at the away end and the main entrance to the Somerset road end. Would be good for built in toilets and snack bars.

Though it'll probably be very very pricey. I think this will be a 'wait and see' moment with David Smith. Exciting stuff.

A roof over the north terracing would hinder the view from the hospitality suite, so taking that into consideration as well, we could be looking at a fancy and sexy new look for Somerset soon 😍

2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

I'd hope if we do anything to it we replace the concrete, it's very old now.  

Seats are unnecessary but could work alongside a terracing if we had a smaller version of this with a lower terracing and upper seating. 

PXL_20211106_145017296_MP.thumb.jpg.c38c7bca1859061e5bc5873298908043.jpg

I've accepted defeat and inevitability on the roof, no a fan as I enjoy smoking where I watch but I do get it.  

Now that the all seater rule has been scrapped Somerset only needs subtle changes. Its one of the great old stadiums of Scottish Football.

I could be wrong but I bet many fans of other teams wish their stadium hadn't been so drastically altered (or demolished) because of the Taylor Report.

What a difference a few days make! Four days ago we were a basket case on the park (still are), no DoF, no communication from the club, etc etc.
Now we have Mathie (brilliant news BTW), a good honest interview from Smith, now the birds are singing and there is hope about the place.
On the stadium debate I feel a roof over a terracing would be welcome. I am not a fan of all seater stadiums, look at Partick Raith and Lolkirk to see how stadiums have hamstrung them over the years.
All we need to do now is win against QOS, and get some decent players in. Not much to ask is it?

3 hours ago, Hawk89 said:
Was there not a trial of "safe" standing in the Premiership? Can't remember what the outcome was, it would probably be a happy medium for us.

Celtic and us both have safe standing sections, not sure if anyone else in Scotland does right now but it's definitely allowed. Not sure if there's much advantage to putting it in instead of terracing, unless you're expecting to play in Europe anytime soon.

Edited by craigkillie