The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I know Mathie will be involved aswell but surely you’d want the manager to have a say. 

Which is why I'm happier than anything that both Duffy and Hopkin have f*cked off. Imagine the drivel they would have brought in....

Mind you, can't do worse than signing McGinty and literally playing him.

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

We’re going to have to make a pretty quick appointment if we’re given him the January transfer window to try and sort this mess. I know Mathie will be involved aswell but surely you’d want the manager to have a say. 

Right now I'm erring on the side of giving managers absolutely zero say in transfers. It was managers having a say in transfers that led to this. You could have rolled a dice and gotten a better defense than Ayr.

It is incredible that we ended up with the number of shite players we did. There's usually one or two that everyone can tell are mince but it's honestly some achievement to have built this team. I wonder what funds we actually have available in January and more than that, what players are actually available? How many can we punt? 

10 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

We’re going to have to make a pretty quick appointment if we’re given him the January transfer window to try and sort this mess. I know Mathie will be involved aswell but surely you’d want the manager to have a say. 

I think the players Mathie is signing will be who the new manager wants 

3 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I think the players Mathie is signing will be who the new manager wants 

I remember when Duffy was appointed you were confident there would be a different manager in place for next season. Is this going to be an acceleration of that plan, or a complete change of direction?

15 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Right now I'm erring on the side of giving managers absolutely zero say in transfers. It was managers having a say in transfers that led to this. You could have rolled a dice and gotten a better defense than Ayr.

I get what your saying but I think everyone was happy with Kerr’s signings on paper. They just badly under performed. David Hopkin on the other hand though…..

6 minutes ago, embow said:

Have I missed your club's official statement that he's been emptied or is the Daily Retard your official press agent these days?🤔 Just asking.

https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/ayr-united-announces-the-departure-of-jim-duffy-john-joyce?fbclid=IwAR0V0wSUBfniWBzrA6IKU3iPwc9x75DqySS9WKYjDtWfnw8O-UKfv-OH5k0

2 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Ayrshire Post, to be precise. The story was written by a local hack.

Written in hope?😊

Never mind, as it's Christmas.....

"And lo! It came to pass!"

Your  Messiah 🃏 will be along soon, whomever they may be 🤔

7 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Does that imply that the new manager has been identified and agreed to take the job? 

I think your board are trying to identify a manager who can keep a team with both McGinty and Fjortoft in the Championship. Does anyone know of such a manager?

image.png.b8b155015486a06f672d78fc9366e246.png

Does this suggest we've ran out of money as Timmins is on a 2 year deal same as Hopkin? I'm not sure what he does apart from warm ups including with the subs at HT and given both he and Stillie are originally GK coaches we could save a wage. Also having walked by training at Ayr Academy in the summer, while Duffy was taking training, Timmins was coming back with the physio from a walk down the woods.  

Duffy was the wrong man at the right place at the right time. A safe pair of hand turned to shit pretty quickly. 

No doubt, the failure of Kerr to sign a decent midfield was the start of the process, followed by Hopkin signing THIS defence has led us to this point. The lack of confidence seemed to improve under Duffy but his strange team selections and insisting on playing defensively when we have a shocking defence is what cost him another 6 months in the job. 

We need a manager that will have a personality to lift the club, we need to fill holes in the squad and we need it quickly.