The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Why should this game get rearranged all the Championship clubs will be losing income and have No fans for atleast 3 weeks get on with it.... 

Because we’re the two biggest clubs in the division. We run the Scottish championship 

7 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

What's the story with Muirhead, heard he has been training in Dumfries lately? Fall out? 

He's not training with us if that's what's being implied. And we don't train in Dumfries anyway. I'd have thought if he was training down here then his old stomping ground of Annan would be more likely.

10 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Why should this game get rearranged all the Championship clubs will be losing income and have No fans for atleast 3 weeks get on with it.... 

I do have sympathy with this perspective. While I am sure Ayr and Kilmarnock fans want to be able to attend league derbies given how long we had to wait for them, it isn't clear on what basis the rescheduling is being requested? As you say, every club will be experiencing financial impact due to the lockdown it just happens to be the case that Kilmarnock are being impacted more than any other club in the division (I assume) due to the timing of this match.

Is there anything in the rules about criteria for being able to request a match to be rescheduled?

I could also imagine that the other clubs in the bottom 5 would not be delighted at it being rescheduled either since it gives Ayr more time to get a new manager and possibly new players on board - most of them would expect Ayr to get absolutely nothing from that game if it were to go ahead on 2 Jan.

23 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He's not training with us if that's what's being implied. And we don't train in Dumfries anyway. I'd have thought if he was training down here then his old stomping ground of Annan would be more likely.

I know he is not training with Queens, think his training is including pushing wheelbarrows around Dumfries tho 😂

6 minutes ago, rgreig said:

I do have sympathy with this perspective. While I am sure Ayr and Kilmarnock fans want to be able to attend league derbies given how long we had to wait for them, it isn't clear on what basis the rescheduling is being requested? As you say, every club will be experiencing financial impact due to the lockdown it just happens to be the case that Kilmarnock are being impacted more than any other club in the division (I assume) due to the timing of this match.

Is there anything in the rules about criteria for being able to request a match to be rescheduled?

I could also imagine that the other clubs in the bottom 5 would not be delighted at it being rescheduled either since it gives Ayr more time to get a new manager and possibly new players on board - most of them would expect Ayr to get absolutely nothing from that game if it were to go ahead on 2 Jan.

Clubs can theoretically request a rescheduling of any game mutually but whilst the League will routinely grant permission to bring forward, they are usually much more reluctant to permit deferral particularly in Covid times when both clubs could easily be facing a fixture pile up in a month for instance and in reality nobody knows for sure when crowd restrictions will lift.

Given the clubs democratically voted to continue playing not 2 days earlier, it's somewhat rich for two of them to now claim they want to defer this particular game because it's such a big demand one. So is our home game v Killie in it's own way. And Raith v Dunfermline. I'd be pretty surprised if permission is granted but stranger things have happened.

17 minutes ago, rgreig said:

Ayr United will get nothing from the game whenever it's played. 

On the Maxwell debate , as stated earlier if McCall is interested then we should be as well . I’d be making a move for him as next season’s left wing back . With this season in mind  for the second half of the season I’d like to go with a 5-3-2 .  I know it’s been a disaster in the past but with the right people it can work . Maxwell at LWB , move Paddy across to RWB and sign a footballing centre half to play behind Aero and Baird/0r new signing . Three in the middle would consist of two new midfielders holding and maybe O’Conner advanced behind Tomi and a proper 10 like a Cammy Smith type or the Moff . So that would be four in therefore return Afolabi and Bradley to their clubs and get Salkield , McGinty out the door in what would have to be a salary subsidised move . Might be a good idea to get McKenzie some games elsewhere as well .

18 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Clubs can theoretically request a rescheduling of any game mutually but whilst the League will routinely grant permission to bring forward, they are usually much more reluctant to permit deferral particularly in Covid times when both clubs could easily be facing a fixture pile up in a month for instance and in reality nobody knows for sure when crowd restrictions will lift.

Given the clubs democratically voted to continue playing not 2 days earlier, it's somewhat rich for two of them to now claim they want to defer this particular game because it's such a big demand one. So is our home game v Killie in it's own way. And Raith v Dunfermline. I'd be pretty surprised if permission is granted but stranger things have happened.

It would only be "somewhat rich" if those clubs had actually voted for that in the first place. We know for a fact that Killie didn't want to continue playing, and therefore it is entirely consistent to want to defer this particular game.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

It would only be "somewhat rich" if those clubs had actually voted for that in the first place. We know for a fact that Killie didn't want to continue playing, and therefore it is entirely consistent to want to defer this particular game.

Yeah, and I agree with Killie but fact remains it's a democracy and the clubs agreed to carry on. You don't then get to impose your own winter break anyway because you didn't like the result. On that basis can I just remain in the EU because I didn't vote for Brexit?

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah, and I agree with Killie but fact remains it's a democracy and the clubs agreed to carry on. You don't then get to impose your own winter break anyway because you didn't like the result. On that basis can I just remain in the EU because I didn't vote for Brexit?

I’m not sure your example is very good. 

1 hour ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Jason cummings 🤔

Not sure how I'd feel about him, alot of baggage for sure and may disrupt the dressing room. He's one of those infuriating guys that is clearly talented but chose to fanny about instead.