The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I take it Adeloye only had a 1 match and will be back for Morton ?

As much as Moff worked tirelessly on Saturday, he's just no longer got that yard of pace or sharp movement that's required to play up top, especially when support is pretty lacking most of the time. He's still got the wee touches and the brain is still great but as far as spinning off and running in behind is concerned I'm afraid that ship has sailed.

While our guys all did great on Saturday, it was obvious that we had nothing like the control that we did against Raith, probabaly due to the fact that we had lost Bradley and Adeloye and replaced with Muirhead and Moff, which although made us pretty solid, it did noticeably blunt our possession and quality when coming forward, especially in the second half and as such we had to ride our luck at times (although they did defend brilliantly).

Basically what I'm trying to say is that we need guys to come in who will give us more control of games as the sitting deep style will come and bite us sooner rather than later but of course at the moment we really have little option due to the make up of our squad and that's what needs to change rapidly I'd think.

Just now, WATTOO said:

I take it Adeloye only had a 1 match and will be back for Morton ?

As much as Moff worked tirelessly on Saturday, he's just no longer got that yard of pace or sharp movement that's required to play up top, especially when support is pretty lacking most of the time. He's still got the wee touches and the brain is still great but as far as spinning off and running in behind is concerned I'm afraid that ship has sailed.

While our guys all did great on Saturday, it was obvious that we had nothing like the control that we did against Raith, probabaly due to the fact that we had lost Bradley and Adeloye and replaced with Muirhead and Moff, which although made us pretty solid, it did noticeably blunt our possession and quality when coming forward, especially in the second half and as such we had to ride our luck at times (although they did defend brilliantly).

Basically what I'm trying to say is that we need guys to come in who will give us more control of games as the sitting deep style will come and bite us sooner rather than later but of course at the moment we really have little option due to the make up of our squad and that's what needs to change rapidly I'd think.

Going by Instagram, I think Tomi might be injured too. Frankly, we are pretty fucked without him so hopefully he is fine for the weekend. 

53 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Going by Instagram, I think Tomi might be injured too. Frankly, we are pretty fucked without him so hopefully he is fine for the weekend. 

You see a lot of criticism for him, but without his 7 goals we'd be struggling even more in the league than we are. Im just hoping we keep him long enough that he gets to play in a team with a bit of attacking threat. He should get well into double figures this year with 16 games left.

1 minute ago, honestly united said:

You see a lot of criticism for him, but without his 7 goals we'd be struggling even more in the league than we are. Im just hoping we keep him long enough that he gets to play in a team with a bit of attacking threat. He should get well into double figures this year with 16 games left.

Yeah, treat him like a football player, and not a target man to fire the ball at (which he isn’t capable of being) and he is a very good player at this level. Deceptive turn of pace when he gets the chance to get down the outside of people too. 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Good to see the club are giving all season ticket holders a fair crack of the whip in terms of access to games.

There will be folk that have pie’d the last two games thinking we would get bumped now desperate for a ticket 

The SFA / SPFL etc should be putting major pressure on the SG to explain their "science" regarding the crowd situation when England has full crowds yet less covid than ourselves.

Working examples about allowing full indoor social clubs but not allowing socially distanced outdoor crowds withing a few yards of each other should also be getting hammered into them by the authorities and our media but as long as the old firm aren't affected then quite obviously nobody gives a toss !!

21 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The SFA / SPFL etc should be putting major pressure on the SG to explain their "science" regarding the crowd situation when England has full crowds yet less covid than ourselves.

Working examples about allowing full indoor social clubs but not allowing socially distanced outdoor crowds withing a few yards of each other should also be getting hammered into them by the authorities and our media but as long as the old firm aren't affected then quite obviously nobody gives a toss !!

England has a lot more covid than Scotland, just saying.

25 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Except it doesn’t. 

Depends how your calculating. By Total it absolutely does, per 100k people we are edging ahead. It also relies on people actually testing and honestly reporting. Nobody knows the true figures. Either way the numbers are incredibly high at present in both countries. Luckily this seems to be a relatively mild strain in the grand scheme of things. 

Anyway, what are the thoughts on the backroom team. One name that has came to mind for me is Eddie May as a potential coach. Worked with one of the youth coaches at Falkirk when he was their manager, seemed to be pretty well thought of as a coach but absolutely not manager material. He's currently in the Hibs youth setup. 

Anyway, what are the thoughts on the backroom team. One name that has came to mind for me is Eddie May as a potential coach. Worked with one of the youth coaches at Falkirk when he was their manager, seemed to be pretty well thought of as a coach but absolutely not manager material. He's currently in the Hibs youth setup. 

Not a bad shout tbf. I think it’s probably going to be someone currently working in Scotland will ties either to Bullen or Mathie. Eddie May has ties to both men. I’ve a feeling Timmins will end up staying on by default due to his contract but could probably be paid off in the summer.

8 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Depends how your calculating. By Total it absolutely does, per 100k people we are edging ahead. It also relies on people actually testing and honestly reporting. Nobody knows the true figures. Either way the numbers are incredibly high at present in both countries. Luckily this seems to be a relatively mild strain in the grand scheme of things. 

Basically, it’s minuscule either way at the moment tbh. 

But yeah, hopefully crowds rightfully restored tomorrow and this chat can be filed in the bin! 

Eddie May is an interesting shout.... I think Bullen was assistant to him at Falkirk? I didn’t realise he was at Hibs!

Edited by No_Problemo

31 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Cmon mate, of course the total is going to be higher in England given it’s over ten times the size of Scotland. 

29 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Not a bad shout tbf. I think it’s probably going to be someone currently working in Scotland will ties either to Bullen or Mathie. Eddie May has ties to both men. I’ve a feeling Timmins will end up staying on by default due to his contract but could probably be paid off in the summer.

I noticed on that wee video of the players coming off the pitch on Saturday. McAdams heads straight someone and I’m sure it’s Timmins so they possibly have a good relationship going back to Morton. Doesn’t really make sense having him and Stille effectively doing the same role. 

I noticed on that wee video of the players coming off the pitch on Saturday. McAdams heads straight someone and I’m sure it’s Timmins so they possibly have a good relationship going back to Morton. Doesn’t really make sense having him and Stille effectively doing the same role. 

Aye it’s a weird one. Hopkin clearly had a good relationship with Timmins and felt he offered more than just goalkeeper coaching. Might make sense for Stillie to leave seeing as he’s only available two days a week and put Timmins as the goalkeeping coach. Then let Bullen bring in two of his own guys. In saying that I wouldn’t be against big Tam Tait staying on as a first team coach.

3 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

He picked up the injury in the raith game, he was hobbling about for the rest of the game afterwards

4 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Currently no reason why he wont be playing on Saturday