The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

An absolutely crying shame that Stevo has turned into an absolute w**k in recent months. Spouts shite on social media about COVID and his writing about Hearts is akin to the scribblings of a 3 year old.

And Deano has always been a w**k of a person

Must be a thing with good lower league players

Except Moff, he's been a gentleman anytime I've spoken to him

Going by Smiths comments at the time it sounds like Todorov/his agent have burned their bridges with the club. 

I’m never sure if that was who Smith was on about. I know we definitely made Todorov an offer but I think he was asking for ridiculous money. We decided against it but then the Pars got a bit of cash through McManus so were able to match his demands.

He did allude to a player or two reneging on their word to sign for us but I’m not sure whether the player/agent was at fault or whether it was naive from Smith.

McCall always said he didn’t consider a player signed until their signature was on the contract and he was certainly burned once or twice with players going elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m never sure if that was who Smith was on about. I know we definitely made Todorov an offer but I think he was asking for ridiculous money. We decided against it but then the Pars got a bit of cash through McManus so were able to match his demands.

He did allude to a player or two reneging on their word to sign for us but I’m not sure whether the player/agent was at fault or whether it was naive from Smith.

McCall always said he didn’t consider a player signed until their signature was on the contract and he was certainly burned once or twice with players going elsewhere.

I am 100% convinced that Todorov and his agent would not be welcomed at Somerset , due to the public handshakes seen by fans in the club car park 

Edited by Finlay21

I am 100% convinced that Todorov and his agent would not be welcomed at Somerset 

Fair enough

As I’ve said before, I don’t think he’d link up all that well with Adeloye and if anything I’d rather have Wighton or O’Hara.

Still can't believe Dunfermline have Todorov and Wrighton warming the bench while they're getting pumped 5-0 by Morton

I'd be surprised if both of them are still at Dunfermline by the end of the month but who knows, Crawford spunked a shit load on Wrighton for the PCA and pretty sure he got given like a 3 year deal. 

Kevin O'Hara too isn't happy, wouldn't be surprised to see him itching to leave, i'd take him if he became available, seems like the type wily old Dick Campbell could go for to replace Dowds

Watch none of this happen and just look like me rambling shite

On 08/01/2022 at 22:08, rgreig said:

I hadn't realised that we couldn't end the loan deal in January - I thought with most loans that either side could end it in Jan. Seems a bit odd to have it asymmetrical (i.e. if Celtic could recall him but we can't punt him).

I thought we worked hard today but it's clear we need to bring players in since we are down to bare bones.

Thats pretty standard in season loans. There's almost always a parent club recall option (hence Boro activating it for Sol Brynn from us as soon as the window opened) but it would be very unusual to have a unilateral cancel clause for the borrowing club. If the parent have planned for the player to be away for the season, and are perhaps committing the wage contribution elsewhere, then if they dont change their own mind the last thing they want is to be left getting a player back they didnt want and have to go sort another loan for. Even more so if the player has already played for 2 clubs (appreciate Afolabi hasnt). 

5 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Think there would be a real big difference in earnings , hopefully game time overrules financial gains , it’s a tough one 

If Rangers offer him a new contract and dig their heels in you could easily have to fork out a potential 6 figure fee for a player his age in compensation. He's too young to just walk out. 

If Rangers offer him a new contract and dig their heels in you could easily have to fork out a potential 6 figure fee for a player his age in compensation. He's too young to just walk out. 

I think a solution would be found. Look at Raith with Ethan Ross. There was speculation they’d have to fork out a 6 figure fee but I believe it’s been nowhere near that and rather Raith would owe Aberdeen a fair chunk of the fee if they sold him on.

I don’t doubt for one minute that Rangers have offered him a deal to make sure they get some cash from either ourselves or Leeds rather than seeing him as a part of their plans.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think a solution would be found. Look at Raith with Ethan Ross. There was speculation they’d have to fork out a 6 figure fee but I believe it’s been nowhere near that and rather Raith would owe Aberdeen a fair chunk of the fee if they sold him on.

I don’t doubt for one minute that Rangers have offered him a deal to make sure they get some cash from either ourselves or Leeds rather than seeing him as a part of their plans.

Yeah, us and Harry Cochrane too. Just making the point its not as simple as Finlay was implying as impressing on him that he'll further his career better with you and he'll sign. He's not a free agent even if out of contract.

7 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah, us and Harry Cochrane too. Just making the point its not as simple as Finlay was implying as impressing on him that he'll further his career better with you and he'll sign. He's not a free agent even if out of contract.

Where did I  imply it was simple ??? My words were it’s a tough one , how do you get simple from that , I also don’t mention furthering his career 

Edited by Finlay21

3 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Did we not have to pay a fee to Rangers for Houston, so that rather than extend his loan for 6 months then sign him for free we could sign him on an 18month deal?

Yes, paid a nominal fee and have a large sell on clause, there's also a buy back clause (LMAO).  

Edited by itzdrk

Todorov id take and he’d make a massive difference and if we’d got him initially I think we would have been a lot better, he’s not the first to snub Ayr at first approach Sir Lawrence Shankland left McCall dangling after being told where he was to go by Aberdeen, we got him after that failed.