The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Sandy is part of Owen Coyles setup that have just won the Indian league. I’d say there’s no chance of him coming back.

Bullen said we’ll address it in the summer as his main two targets could not commit to the role. I think there could be a bit of a shakeup in his support staff once the season has ended.

Would assume he'll be building an entirely new backroom bar Moff remaining as fitness coach. Best guess is atleast 3 changes in backroom staff - White and Tait back to their academy duties (they've gone way above and beyond to support so far), Timmins away. Not sure about Stillie, is he still about? 

10 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Would assume he'll be building an entirely new backroom bar Moff remaining as fitness coach. Best guess is atleast 3 changes in backroom staff - White and Tait back to their academy duties (they've gone way above and beyond to support so far), Timmins away. Not sure about Stillie, is he still about? 

The issue is Timmins has a year left , he does majority of the goalkeeping coach during the week and us very highly rated in that role ( no coincidence that keepers are doing well under him )  , Stillie is only part time a couple of mornings 

I think Stillie will be away as he’s PT and Timmins will do all the goalie work FT as he’s already doing the majority of the work as is.

2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

The issue is Timmins has a year left , he does majority of the goalkeeping coach during the week and us very highly rated in that role ( no coincidence that keepers are doing well under him )  , Stillie is only part time a couple of mornings 

If he's doing well and is highly rated then it isn't an issue and in fact we should be looking to extend his stay as opposed to anything else.

The fact he came in the Hopkin / Duffy era shouldn't be held against him if he's proving himself as a competent / good coach in his own right.

Is there any update or progress on extending contracts of players other than Mcginty in our current squad who are out of contract at end of the season?

If the club don’t look to fix those they want to keep them I am sure some pre contracts will be getting fixed up with other clubs

or maybe there are plans for a complete re build ?

opinion’s please?

8 hours ago, Thumper said:

The obvious answer would to be to give the concessions turnstile a 4 feet ceiling.

I bought a concession ticket and am fully prepared to brandish my student card that has a photo on it of me with Lockdown Hair. Scary sight.

21 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

Is there any update or progress on extending contracts of players other than Mcginty in our current squad who are out of contract at end of the season?

If the club don’t look to fix those they want to keep them I am sure some pre contracts will be getting fixed up with other clubs

opinion’s please?

My understanding is that the players Bullen wants have all had discussions, wouldn’t think contracts will be completed before we know what league we are in , the quicker we get to enough points for 8th place the better 

opinion’s please?

Doubt anyone will be signing an extension until we are confirmed as staying up.

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Doubt anyone will be signing an extension until we are confirmed as staying up.

Certain players may be reluctant to commit however some would. 

I’d be disappointed if we haven’t held at least initial discussions with the likes of Reading, Murdoch, McInroy, Adeloye etc. 

Certain players may be reluctant to commit however some would. 

I’d be disappointed if we haven’t held at least initial discussions with the likes of Reading, Murdoch, McInroy, Adeloye etc. 

Pretty sure someone (can’t mind if it was Bullen or Mathie) said that initial discussions had already taken place regarding contract extensions. I’m fairly confident nothing will be left to the last minute like it might’ve been with Hopkin and we’ll have a solid base to build on for next season.

Apparently both Bullen and Mathie put a lot of work in to getting McInroy to sign on loan knowing that he had already stated that he knew that he had to leave Celtic at the end if the season to further his career I'm sure they discussed if all went well signing for us when his contract is up, what's the situation with Maxwell I know he's out of contract at the end of the season but there was some reports that Rangers had offered him an extension does that mean they would be due a developmental fee for him if he signed?

You would think the offers would be based on which league we are in
other clubs won’t hold back making offers to our out of contract players 

Players probably won’t sign for other clubs right now either though whilst everything is in the balance.

Reading, Adeloye or any of our better players will not commit to a new contract if there’s a chance we’ll be in League 1.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Players probably won’t sign for other clubs right now either though whilst everything is in the balance.

What's that coming over the hill

Is it a jobby

Is it a jobby

What's that coming over the hill
Is it a jobby
Is it a jobby

For all the talk of McCalls pulling power, he only managed to take one of our players directly from us. A few others turned him down. Murdoch and Muirhead are the only two I’d see him coming for and Thistle have a plethora of centre mids and Muirhead would not improve them.