The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

19 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Yesterday I said maybe McKenzie could drop out for Dempsey to keep Ashford and Adeloy in the team but just watched back the highlights and McKenzie was heavily involved in 3 of the 4 goals don't know what Bullen has changed with him but he's been brilliant these last few weeks it's would be extremely harsh to drop him.

To be fair if the alternative is Ashford or Adeloye missing out then its worth sacrificing McKenzie. Harsh but fair imo.

20 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Yesterday I said maybe McKenzie could drop out for Dempsey to keep Ashford and Adeloy in the team but just watched back the highlights and McKenzie was heavily involved in 3 of the 4 goals don't know what Bullen has changed with him but he's been brilliant these last few weeks it's would be extremely harsh to drop him.

To take nothing away from McKenzie (,or Houston who was good too), Raiths left side of defense was a total mess. 

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

We'll start playing central midfielders on the left and right wing next. 

Crawford - Kerr - Murdoch - Geggan

The Ian McCall dream...

As much as we slag it however it fucking worked 

Talking of McKenzie, he works tirelessly both up top and tracking back, he creates chances and he even scores goals yet for some reason many of us don't seem to take to him.

I'm not really sure why as he does seem to have all the physical and technical attributes to be a success not to mention his excellent attitude of course.

I'm thinking that one of the reasons is that he came through our youth setup as a striker and was only ever seen by most as a stop gap / sub type of squad player and the other reason might be that we're maybe looking / hoping for more flair in the side but who knows ??

7 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Talking of McKenzie, he works tirelessly both up top and tracking back, he creates chances and he even scores goals yet for some reason many of us don't seem to take to him.

I'm not really sure why as he does seem to have all the physical and technical attributes to be a success not to mention his excellent attitude of course.

I'm thinking that one of the reasons is that he came through our youth setup as a striker and was only ever seen by most as a stop gap / sub type of squad player and the other reason might be that we're maybe looking / hoping for more flair in the side but who knows ??

I don’t think it has anything to do with coming through the youth set up. 

If we are playing against sides who look to make things difficult for us and you are only playing one up front, then you are looking for your wide players to be creative - get passed people and open up space - he isn’t really technically good enough at the moment to do it in games like that. His finishing definitely requires some work too. Whereas, when teams look to come out and play and he has more space he can be effective. 

13 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t think it has anything to do with coming through the youth set up. 

If we are playing against sides who look to make things difficult for us and you are only playing one up front, then you are looking for your wide players to be creative - get passed people and open up space - he isn’t really technically good enough at the moment to do it in games like that. His finishing definitely requires some work too. Whereas, when teams look to come out and play and he has more space he can be effective. 

Yes, you could be right.

From a purely excitement perspective I'd probably rather see the likes of O'Connor running at players and getting a cross / shot at goal but I suppose the reality is that he doesn't give Houston enough cover and we'd no doubt be crucified if the opponents had a couple of decent left sided players.

Having said that, even WITH McKenzie playing in front of Houston we STILL got crucified by Wullie Gibson last week so who knows ??

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, you could be right.

From a purely excitement perspective I'd probably rather see the likes of O'Connor running at players and getting a cross / shot at goal but I suppose the reality is that he doesn't give Houston enough cover and we'd no doubt be crucified if the opponents had a couple of decent left sided players.

Having said that, even WITH McKenzie playing in front of Houston we STILL got crucified by Wullie Gibson last week so who knows ??

Aye, both Houston and McKenzie had an absolute nightmare last week. 

All about getting the right balance - I would be happy enough with Maxwell and McKenzie wide and only one up front on Friday (though I would prefer Ashford wide and Tomi up front) If we go two up front in games then I’m completely happy with Maxwell and McKenzie as our wide players, whatever fixture it is. If we revert back to one up front in games such as Queens at home, then we need at least one more creative wide player IMO. 

Hopefully McKenzie continues to improve under Bullen though!

Edited by No_Problemo

Great to have another option for centre mid. Should be a good experienced pro, hopefully another good figure to have in the squad. As others have pointed out he seems to be a little different to our other cm options so that'll be interesting.