The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

For all the talk of McCalls pulling power, he only managed to take one of our players directly from us. A few others turned him down. Murdoch and Muirhead are the only two I’d see him coming for and Thistle have a plethora of centre mids and Muirhead would not improve them.
If I'm correct only Murdoch and Muirhead are still at the club that McCall signed some youth players like Finn but by all accounts he took little to do with the youth that pull he had over our players has hopefully diminished.

Serious question. 

I've bought two tickets for the game, both adult, though I've got my boy asking if he can come too. He's 6.

I remember getting thrown over the turnstile when I was his age, would it be frowned upon to do that nowadays?

2 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Serious question. 

I've bought two tickets for the game, both adult, though I've got my boy asking if he can come too. He's 6.

I remember getting thrown over the turnstile when I was his age, would it be frowned upon to do that nowadays?

I heard you can buy tickets for kids these days.

22 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

For all the talk of McCalls pulling power, he only managed to take one of our players directly from us. A few others turned him down. Murdoch and Muirhead are the only two I’d see him coming for and Thistle have a plethora of centre mids and Muirhead would not improve them.

would depend what league he ends up in I suppose, not like he's got many ties left at Ayr with regard to players anyway.

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Would you rather, if we win on Friday, go 9 clear of QOS or 4 behind Raith, since they play each other. ICT at home to Arbroath too.

It's a very good question.  I'd still rather have Raith beat QoS (which I don't think they will).    

I'd absolutely love it if we could go down to Queens on 2nd last day of season and be safe before a ball is kicked and for that to happen we need every point dropped as possible from the other sides in the bottom half against the top half.  

Would you rather, if we win on Friday, go 9 clear of QOS or 4 behind Raith, since they play each other. ICT at home to Arbroath too.

9 ahead of QOS. I will only start to look up the table once we definitely cannot get relegated.

5 hours ago, Hursty said:

Would be pretty cool if we stay up having been pumped 3-0 going on about 10 by each of the eventual bottom two. 

Those games at Palmerston and EEP were probably amongst the worst I've ever watched/felt at an Ayr game. Was 100% sure we were going straight down. Mathie and Bullen's arrivals (and a very good January) later and we are 8 points off of the blessed 40. 

Our last 6 games includes games against each of the other relegation candidates. How good it would be get something like 4 points from the Killie/Arbroath games to give ourselves a cushion.

2 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Our last 6 games includes games against each of the other relegation candidates. How good it would be get something like 4 points from the Killie/Arbroath games to give ourselves a cushion.

4 points from those games and folk will be talking about playoffs again.  Beat Kilmarnock and have a good fun day out and defeat at Arbroath IMO. 

16 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

4 points from those games and folk will be talking about playoffs again.  Beat Kilmarnock and have a good fun day out and defeat at Arbroath IMO. 

Aye, would be happy enough with that. Results at Arbroath never really matter, they just kind of sink into the background of the day. Although I'd definitely take a win this time round😂.

2 hours ago, AuAl said:

How good it would be get something like 4 points from the Killie/Arbroath games to give ourselves a cushion.

If you could do this and also lie down to your old pals from Firhill on the final day, that would be much appreciated lads x 

10 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:
10 hours ago, D said:

If I'm correct only Murdoch and Muirhead are still at the club that McCall signed some youth players like Finn but by all accounts he took little to do with the youth that pull he had over our players has hopefully diminished.

Houston would be another but probably not on his radar. He seems to have good connections in the top league and clubs trust him with loan players. Wouldn't rule him out making a move for those currently with clubs and playing well

47 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

If you could do this and also lie down to your old pals from Firhill on the final day, that would be much appreciated lads x 

That would be fun and ....oh the seeth!!!

3 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Tbh I still have the absolute fear of McCall coming to Somerset park to relegate us on the final day.