The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Alex Kenyon then.

I worry that you may be right about Dempsey's injury being longer term. Kenyon appears to be a centre mid. Although, if we are to proceed with playing 3 in the middle it will be good to have at least 1 other CM. So maybe it's just another body.

5 hours ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Surely got to be a sell out given Ayr’s current form and the huge importance of the game.

Killie have sold just over 2000 , around 1000 less than last game so far 

30 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, I kind of touched on this last week but it really is strange times when we're even pulling apart a 4-0 Away victory looking for negatives !!

My post had positives and criticism of the problems we still have. 

We are potentially two or three results away from a dreadful end to the season and there are very little positives to be found in that. We are also two or three results away from coasting to safety. Until recently we had the worst defence in the league and the worst goal scoring record with the bulk of this team, we went about three weeks without a shot at goal with the bulk of this team. 

The new signings have been a big help but Dempsey getting injured last week showed how one piece of the puzzle missing can bugger the whole thing up if the wrong selection and formation are chosen. 

Everyone wants Ayr to do well and we have to make sure that standards are met and we don't shoot ourselves in the foot at any point. I'd take a defeat if we are outplayed or at the hands of a bad refereeing decision but the last 18 months have seen us lose games because we reverted to playing eye bleeding football with a third of the pitch between the one poor sod up front and the midfield. 

Some supporters see a couple of good results as a corner turned then we make the same mistakes. The fans, players and manager need to keep the pressure on until we are safe.  

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

VOR saying we’re hoping to do some transfer business before the end of the week. Can only be free agents so I’m not sure how big the pool of players is that would be able to make a positive contribution to the last few games. Hopefully it’s not a sign that Dempsey is out long term.

There has been a guy training with us last week , free agent , who got his release in early February from his previous club 

Edited by Finlay21

25 minutes ago, AuAl said:

I worry that you may be right about Dempsey's injury being longer term. Kenyon appears to be a centre mid. Although, if we are to proceed with playing 3 in the middle it will be good to have at least 1 other CM. So maybe it's just another body.

This guy was training with us before Ben got his injury 

7 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The new signings have been a big help but Dempsey getting injured last week showed how one piece of the puzzle missing can bugger the whole thing up if the wrong selection and formation are chosen. 

Didn’t seem to bugger anything yesterday , got our biggest win of the season and formation seemed very good yesterday 

9 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Didn’t seem to bugger anything yesterday , got our biggest win of the season and formation seemed very good yesterday 

Yes, but it did with Murdoch missing and Muirhead in midfield last week. 3 big points dropped last week. The formation was changed to suit the personnel available this week rather than square pegs in round holes and we won. This is the type of shooting ourselves in the foot I am talking about. 

35 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

This guy was training with us before Ben got his injury 

What is his injury and how long is he expected to be out ?

If it is indeed Kenyon, and there’s a chance it won’t be (although he was released right at the tail end of January just there), then it seems like he’s completely different to any midfielder we already have. Judging by what Morecambe fans on Twitter have said about him he looks like he’s more on an out and out defensive midfielder whereas we kinda go between Murdoch and Dempsey being our deepest midfielders but both of them are more box to box.

He’d certainly add a lot of experience to the squad as well but given his fitness this season at Scunthorpe, might not be seen at his best until next season if he stayed.

Yesterday I said maybe McKenzie could drop out for Dempsey to keep Ashford and Adeloy in the team but just watched back the highlights and McKenzie was heavily involved in 3 of the 4 goals don't know what Bullen has changed with him but he's been brilliant these last few weeks it's would be extremely harsh to drop him.

See someone on fb said it was Kenyon who was warming up with the lads yesterday. 

it’s maybe to add that extra cover, we could do with it and would allow us to park then bus a little better when trying to grind out a win. He has played at a very good level so can definitely add something to the team. My only reservation is why no one has picked him up until now? Is he injury prone? 

It's fair to say no one wants to see Muirhead having to go back in midfield, happy to see another body who can come in and cover Murdoch or Dempsey if they get injured or suspended and potentially win a longer term deal if this one's just to the end of the season.