The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Dust settled at last and my hatred of Gibson has now subsided enough for me to comment without sounding like a fucking maniac. Thought we were good going forward but still look too suspect at the back but, given our recent record at Plastic Palmerston (god, I hate that pitch), a 1-1 draw there feels like a win. Okay, the Pars losing but us not winning still makes it game-on next week, but if you'd offered me a draw before yesterday's match I'd have taken it tbh. Them beating ICT 2-1 last week is a great example of how crazy this league has been so I'm expecting daft things on Friday. We should have won that given our chances but Queens fans are likely to feel the same. As long as we've got the same commitment against Thistle then I think we could be okay - reckon the Pars will beat a depressed Queens so Bullen will want an improvement on things whatever. COYA       

1 hour ago, Rugbypark said:

See Killie to have their highest ever budget next season for a top six challenge. Really feel for you lads emoji18.png

I have noticed the 'highest ever budget' quote mentioned quite often by football clubs. In many cases the current budget was the highest one ever which then gets increased by inflation. There will be the odd time a clubs circumstances change massively but more likely it's a play on words to get the zoomers excited

Edited by AyrExile

13 hours ago, rgreig said:

if I were Ian McCall or even a Partick fan I would want Ayr to remain in the division.

Ian McCall does not want to be in this division himself. I'm sure he doesn't really care which of two badly-managed messes is stinking up the lower end of the Championship table, even if both now have club bars. And unfortunately the Best Fans Away Day Cup, which Ayr win at a canter every single year, doesn't carry a great deal of clout with opposition managers.

4 hours ago, Rugbypark said:

See Killie to have their highest ever budget next season for a top six challenge. Really feel for you lads emoji18.png

McInnes didn't live up to expectations when he was handed the highest-ever budget at Aberdeen, a far more prestigious club than They From The Blighted East. But good luck with whatever *** castoffs get dredged up this time. Maybe if you lay a trail of cheeseburger from Tarbolton to the ground you might be able to lure Kris Boyd out of retirement?

11 minutes ago, Thumper said:

McInnes didn't live up to expectations when he was handed the highest-ever budget at Aberdeen, a far more prestigious club than They From The Blighted East. But good luck with whatever *** castoffs get dredged up this time. Maybe if you lay a trail of cheeseburger from Tarbolton to the ground you might be able to lure Kris Boyd out of retirement?

What a weekend this has been.

It would be nice to get an early goal on Friday night to settle the nerves, maybe just manage a game for once and see out a simple win.
most likely it will be 0-0 in both games and it will be arse clenching well in to the 85th minute 

You can guarantee that we’ll miss a sitter in the first five minutes and the heads will go down.

Ashford is due a goal and it’s a shame because his general play out with taking chances has been pretty good. He just needs to get one goal and his confidence would go up I think. Adeloye as well could be doing with burying a goal or two. Our two main strikers haven’t scored since the Raith game which incidentally is the last game we won.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

You can guarantee that we’ll miss a sitter in the first five minutes and the heads will go down.

Ashford is due a goal and it’s a shame because his general play out with taking chances has been pretty good. He just needs to get one goal and his confidence would go up I think. Adeloye as well could be doing with burying a goal or two. Our two main strikers haven’t scored since the Raith game which incidentally is the last game we won.

Tomi scored at Morton. 

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Be some end to the season if we're up in Fife with the cigars out and you lot get relegated. 

See you in another 25+ years. 

It gets quite tedious having to explain everything to thick Kilmarnock fans. However;

Ayr cannot be relegated on Saturday. You're trying too hard and only succeeding in looking foolish.