The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

McCall saying Rose and Smith only passed late fitness tests this morning and Docherty has a problem with his Hamstring he seemingly played through.

We are down to the bare bones there is no getting away from that.

Would say for next week worst case scenario we could be without Rose, Smith, Murdoch, Geggan, Docherty, Adams, Forrest, Kerr and Shankland. 

Could do with Stevie Maguire working his magic this week.

32 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Our current form would probably have us around 8th or 9th but we’re hanging in there. Just scrape a win next week and we can get a much needed break from league action against Talbot. Would like to see a couple of new faces by then.

^My thoughts exactly.

ICT aren't having a good time of it either.  A win next week and then we can enjoy the cup. We really need to get our injured players back or bring in some new faces.  Preferably both! 

Glass half full - we only lost a point on Dundee United this week.

We had two clear chances in the scramble but apart from that we created nothing. A couple of balls zipped across the face of goal with no takers.

The only penalty call that looked remotely like a penalty was the one where Crawford was pushed trying to head the ball.

Our current form would probably have us around 8th or 9th but we’re hanging in there. Just scrape a win next week and we can get a much needed break from league action against Talbot. Would like to see a couple of new faces by then.
Moff hitting the post in the first half was a great chance. We also had plenty of deliveries into the box. But f**k me it was bleak.

The hope I'm clinging to is the home game with forfar at this time last year. Were we 3 up against the bottom of the league, only to lose 4-3. (Might've been 2 up and 3-2)

Either way, that was an almighty f**k-up of a result, and it had me absolutely convinced that our team could not win the league. Oh how wrong I was.

Moff hitting the post in the first half was a great chance. We also had plenty of deliveries into the box. But f**k me it was bleak.

The hope I'm clinging to is the home game with forfar at this time last year. Were we 3 up against the bottom of the league, only to lose 4-3. (Might've been 2 up and 3-2)

Either way, that was an almighty f**k-up of a result, and it had me absolutely convinced that our team could not win the league. Oh how wrong I was.

I’m kind of the same. I’m telling myself it’s just our mid season blip but it’s been going on for too long to not be taken seriously and last season our title challenge was rescued with help from two inspired signings.

On another note I genuinely couldn’t believe my eyes that Doohan fumbled the ball for the goal. This season I’ve been very relaxed whenever we concede a corner or a ball goes into the box as he catches 99% of them. He’s been incredibly consistent up to now so he’s allowed one mistake but it came at a pretty shit time and I think Falkirk would’ve huffed and puffed but wouldn’t have got a goal.

I’m kind of the same. I’m telling myself it’s just our mid season blip but it’s been going on for too long to not be taken seriously and last season our title challenge was rescued with help from two inspired signings.

On another note I genuinely couldn’t believe my eyes that Doohan fumbled the ball for the goal. This season I’ve been very relaxed whenever we concede a corner or a ball goes into the box as he catches 99% of them. He’s been incredibly consistent up to now so he’s allowed one mistake but it came at a pretty shit time and I think Falkirk would’ve huffed and puffed but wouldn’t have got a goal.
It had 0-0 written all over it. And yet weirdly, if we had scored from the scramble we might well have won it (momentum and all that).

We need to scrape a win from somewhere, with someone stepping up to the plate. No-one in a forward area was good today. Shankland would've obviously helped, but as we've seen recently he's not superman.

It had 0-0 written all over it. And yet weirdly, if we had scored from the scramble we might well have won it (momentum and all that).

We need to scrape a win from somewhere, with someone stepping up to the plate. No-one in a forward area was good today. Shankland would've obviously helped, but as we've seen recently he's not superman.

Imo next week would be the ideal time to have been playing Talbot. Go out and rattle 3 or 4 goals past a team and get a bit of confidence back. We need any sort of win up in Inverness next week. I don’t care how we do it.

Would have been better if the Talbot game was next week, rather rest a few of the  players who were carrying knocks, and Shankland just to  be sure if  he's not 100%.

Should hear about Doc and Ferguson sometime next week surely, thought their contracts would have been up on the 1st.

2 minutes ago, wuffster said:

Poor display from us but yet again other results keep it interesting. Intriguing...

It's like no bugger actually wants to win the league. Can't wait to see what the loss column is for the eventual winners.  Probably the highest ever.

If we play like that we could very easily go out the cup. Talbot will be a dangerous opponent, and we'll need to match them.

Talbot will have a go at us and we can pick them off and tire them out. It might be rocky for 15-20 mins but in the end it’ll be comfortable.

If Talbot knock us out then I’ll be asking serious questions about what’s gone wrong in the space of 2 months.

Today just reiterated that we are in desperate need of a few signings. RC and Dundee United will both strengthing so we need to do the same.

We badly need a winger. I never want to see Crawford on the wing for us again, he either plays in centre mid or not at all. A total waste of a jersey out wide. I also don’t get the hype about McGuffie, I don’t think he’s good enough for this level and Forrest looks like he’ll be out for the season so that leaves McDaid as our only natural winger and he has one good game in five. 

If we play like that we could very easily go out the cup. Talbot will be a dangerous opponent, and we'll need to match them.
Took in the Talbot Cumnock game a few weeks back. If you can defend crosses they won't get a sniff. Not once did they create a chance from open play against a Cumnock side who aren't the best defensively.

If Ayr -1 are somehow close to Evens I'll be lumping on it.

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Would have been better if the Talbot game was next week, rather rest a few of the  players who were carrying knocks, and Shankland just to  be sure if  he's not 100%.

Should hear about Doc and Ferguson sometime next week surely, thought their contracts would have been up on the 1st.

As the weeks have gone by i'm beginning to think there's more and more of a chance of us losing that Talbot game the way things are going.

As the weeks have gone by i'm beginning to think there's more and more of a chance of us losing that Talbot game the way things are going.

As bad as we’ve been there’s a huge difference between Talbot and the teams we’ve been struggling against. It should be a relatively comfortable game.

I'm still undecided as to whether we need a couple of new signings to get over the  performances ever since the Dundee United game or whether this is just our bad spell of the season.

Injuries certainly haven't helped and think there's quite a few guys playing atm who aren't 100% fit, up to McCall and the board to decide if the likes of Forrest with long term injuries need replaced (i think he does). On top of that if we want to finish in the play offs then do we need to freshen things up with a couple of signings.

I know we won't be competing budget wise with the likes of Ross County, Dundee United so if we don't spend this month then i think we could struggle to finish in the play offs.

I view it as we've gone too far now to let the chance of the play-offs slip away so we need to sign a couple of guys and keep Shankland to the end of the season, today was a fine example of life possibly without Shankland and it's worth losing the chance of £500k.

If we're to sign anyone i think it needs to be attacking midfield and a winger, everywhere else is fine, i would take the boy Armstrong and Erskine or Cammy Smith but he's seemingly away to Dundee United.

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

As bad as we’ve been there’s a huge difference between Talbot and the teams we’ve been struggling against. It should be a relatively comfortable game.

Should be that way but it is the cup after all and we don't seem to be getting much luck of lately.