The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Remember that when he signed he wasn’t signed as a fringe player. His wages don’t drop because he’s getting less game time.

But yes, the gulf is bigger than I thought it would be, and assume what most others would imagine, but I suppose it shouldn’t be so surprising considering the large differences in prize money, TV money etc between the leagues. For squad players at Premiership level, if we offered exactly half of their current wages, it appears that it would typically be outwith our current wage structure. Also attacking/flair players that can win games do tend to attract bigger wages in general.

4 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Yes. Not going to give out the guy’s wages etc as it’s personal information but people are underestimating.

3 hours ago, ecocme said:

So do we reckon our top earners are roughly on £750 to £800 a week and I’m assuming Mullin is on £1500-£2000 a week a livi and Chalmers would have been the same at Dundee United. 

The above is all pretty much nonsense, Mullin was signed mainly as a backup/rotation option. He didn’t want to work hard for his spot in the team.

At very most he’s on 1.1k per week. There’s very little chance we’re paying anyone 2k per week. From what I last knew our highest earner was 1.5-1.7k I think? That’s been for nailed on starters, which Mullin never was in the second spell. 

I’d imagine it’s a case of Ayr stumping up at most, another 300-400 per week if they really do want him 

3 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Livingston have loads of very good options out wide… 

Im sure @ATLIScould inform us better though…

Yeah for the RW spot alone, we’ve got Bradley, Bahamboula (International with DR Congo) and Nouble who’s been injured but is probably our best player. 

The only way I can see him getting into our team is if Nouble’s injury that’s kept him out since December is worse than what we’re aware of. He’s meant to be back any day pretty much 

2 hours ago, Ayr23 said:

I won’t lie, my mind is blown that Mullin’s salary would be over £150k per year playing for Livingston. Goes to show I really have zero clue about Scottish footballer’s wages. I am desperate to keep him though, even for another 6 months.

Our average salary I’m sure is only 45k I think? As far as I’m aware we don’t split that from club staff but it gives you an idea that at most it’s 1.5k. 

I don’t think there’s been a Livi player at all, in the last 15 years to be on 2k+

9 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

The above is all pretty much nonsense, Mullin was signed mainly as a backup/rotation option. He didn’t want to work hard for his spot in the team.

At very most he’s on 1.1k per week. There’s very little chance we’re paying anyone 2k per week. From what I last knew our highest earner was 1.5-1.7k I think? That’s been for nailed on starters, which Mullin never was in the second spell. 

I’d imagine it’s a case of Ayr stumping up at most, another 300-400 per week if they really do want him 

This is complete nonsense from start to finish.

19 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I highly doubt we are paying any of our players more than 1k a week and if we are then I’d be interested to see how much QP are paying Dom Thomas as they apparently blew our offer out the water. 

Closer to £2K than £1K. Before bonuses.

Can’t just be me who finds the chat about players wages to be incredibly tedious as no one actually knows and if they do then they absolutely should not be discussing it with a bunch of strangers on the internet. 

He’ll be on more than our highest earner I’d imagine and it’ll be up to the club to decide whether we want to go a bit outside our structure to accommodate him or does the player want to take a cut in order to get regular football at a club he claims he’s loving life at. I think if we’re willing to take on his full wages then Livingston would be as well terminating his contract and we get him permanently on maybe an 18 month deal. I’d rather that that loan him on full wages for 6 months only for him to f**k off to Partick or QP in the summer. 

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

If what you’d said was even close to being true there wouldn’t be any debate at the moment and he’d already be confirmed as an Ayr player. Feel free to believe whatever you’d prefer though.

I think you’re vastly overestimating the wages Livi pay. We have a turnover of 1.25m per year, we run on no operation losses. 

We’re open about budgeting for 12th each year too. There’s zero chance Mullin is on what would be considered a big wage for us. 

It’s nothing against him as he’s a lovely guy, but when he came back it wasn’t like he was some superstar signing for us. He was always just rotation that could work hard to get into the team. 

Knowing that Josh is motivated by playing games, he’d be inclined to walk away from a deal with us to sign with Ayr I’d imagine. I’ll stand by the assumption he’ll either not have been recalled or will mutually terminate with us and sign with Ayr permanently. I don’t really see a situation where he’s not at Ayr player (on loan or not) come Wednesday 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Can’t just be me who finds the chat about players wages to be incredibly tedious as no one actually knows and if they do then they absolutely should not be discussing it with a bunch of strangers on the internet. 

He’ll be on more than our highest earner I’d imagine and it’ll be up to the club to decide whether we want to go a bit outside our structure to accommodate him or does the player want to take a cut in order to get regular football at a club he claims he’s loving life at. I think if we’re willing to take on his full wages then Livingston would be as well terminating his contract and we get him permanently on maybe an 18 month deal. I’d rather that that loan him on full wages for 6 months only for him to f**k off to Partick or QP in the summer. 

I agree entirely with the first bolded bit, but I also do think it’s important to clarify when there’s a bit of misinformation that is making fans think the club aren’t doing everything they realistically can to keep hold of one of our major assets.

On the second, the issue is that even if we were happy to take the larger wages, it would realistically only be for a short period to try to get us promoted, so an 18 month deal on current wages is a no go. So that leaves options as either hoping Mullin is happy to take a pay cut for 6 months (I certainly wouldn’t be) to take an 18 month deal, or agreeing to take more of the wages for the remainder of the loan to keep him here (or calling Livi’s bluff and holding firm on current deal) and hoping he still wants to sign in summer. If he stays on loan and takes us up, then everyone is a winner. 

55 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I think you will not be too far off with that,  ( I would think nearer £50k) actually think some figures get banded about were being confused between weekly and monthly , clubs will offer players what they think they are worth to their team , not sure if wages are currently a stumbling block or if other club is looking for a fee on top of wages , 

Edited by Finlay21

4 hours ago, ecocme said:

Do we know that for sure or is that just the speculation on here? He’s got 7 goals and 4 assists in 16 league games for us which is pretty impressive. They may think he’ll bolster their squad and be a good option for them for the rest of the season given his form. 

Speculation, insane green-ink conspiracy theories, same diff.

45 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I think you’re vastly overestimating the wages Livi pay. We have a turnover of 1.25m per year, we run on no operation losses. 

We’re open about budgeting for 12th each year too. There’s zero chance Mullin is on what would be considered a big wage for us. 

It’s nothing against him as he’s a lovely guy, but when he came back it wasn’t like he was some superstar signing for us. He was always just rotation that could work hard to get into the team. 

Knowing that Josh is motivated by playing games, he’d be inclined to walk away from a deal with us to sign with Ayr I’d imagine. I’ll stand by the assumption he’ll either not have been recalled or will mutually terminate with us and sign with Ayr permanently. I don’t really see a situation where he’s not at Ayr player (on loan or not) come Wednesday 

I know quite a few boys who know him from his Ladeside days and they all say he's basically a really good guy who just wants to play football. People also forget that he's spent the majority of his career in the Juniors and lower leagues, so we're not talking about an ex Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen player who was in the £2k - £3k bracket.

As you say, his wages should be well within our capability and all the talk of silly money is just well, silly !!

20 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I think you will not be too far off with that,  ( I would think nearer £50k) actually think some figures get banded about were being confused between weekly and monthly , clubs will offer players what they think they are worth to their team , not sure if wages are currently a stumbling block or if other club is looking for a fee on top of wages , 

Your last point could be the case because Tranmere apparently paid a fee to Dundee United to take Chalmers on loan for rest of the season.  

11 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I know quite a few boys who know him from his Ladeside days and they all say he's basically a really good guy who just wants to play football. People also forget that he's spent the majority of his career in the Juniors and lower leagues, so we're not talking about an ex Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen player who was in the £2k - £3k bracket.

As you say, his wages should be well within our capability and all the talk of silly money is just well, silly !!

I’ve talked to him a few times as well, he’s a lovely guy. He actually gave Livi fans a signed top to raffle off in memorial of a fan that passed away, reached out without being promoted/asked about it as well. 

That’s what I’ve heard about him too. Guy that just wants to play football every week. It’ll likely all work out for Ayr I’d imagine, here’s hoping it ends with them going up too. 

Would be great to see a fresh face in the Premiership for once, and not just the usual teams yo-yo-ing

Edited by ATLIS

Wonder if McInroy still is/ever was an option, didn't even come off the bench on Saturday i see, kind of player we're crying out for upfront to link with Dipo i'd say, would expect a reluctance however for Killie to give him to us on loan considering we're up the top end of the Championship and they're bottom of the premiership so technically just 2 places between us as 12th and 14th club in Scottish Football.

McCall says he has missed out on an attacking player from England so unless we've hijacked that one or it's a completely different set of circumstances, still wouldn't surprise if we get at least 1 from down south. 

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Wonder if McInroy still is/ever was an option, didn't even come off the bench on Saturday i see, kind of player we're crying out for upfront to link with Dipo i'd say, would expect a reluctance however for Killie to give him to us on loan considering we're up the top end of the Championship and they're bottom of the premiership so technically just 2 places between us as 12th and 14th club in Scottish Football.

McCall says he has missed out on an attacking player from England so unless we've hijacked that one or it's a completely different set of circumstances, still wouldn't surprise if we get at least 1 from down south. 

There seemed to be some speculation that the attacker that McCall wanted was a young Millwall player and it fell through because Nisbet didn’t go. Whether that’s true or not I’m not sure.