The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Some signing news tomorrow would be ideal going into a game on Saturday that we really should be looking to win.
Also how fucking beautiful is that statement from McCall[emoji7], glorious.

How many statements have we made this season? From the ones in the summer about Shankland and McCall to this one today we must be giving the Old Firm a run for their money. And not one has been about refs...yet!

How many statements have we made this season? From the ones in the summer about Shankland and McCall to this one today we must be giving the Old Firm a run for their money. And not one has been about refs...yet!

Moaning about refs just isn't good enough for statements.

Club statements should be reserved for such occasions as this... Get to f**k, the players are ours.

#jobbyhasspoken

I am

Whether we get one or not is a different story but I live in hope.
After I posted that I went onto the Thistle thread where it looks like Erskine could be staying there after all, thought if anyone it could be him announced tomorrow but looks highly unlikely now. Wouldn't mind Stefan Scougall being announced, could do with a midfielder for Saturday.

After I posted that I went onto the Thistle thread where it looks like Erskine could be staying there after all, thought if anyone it could be him announced tomorrow but looks highly unlikely now. Wouldn't mind Stefan Scougall being announced, could do with a midfielder for Saturday.

You talking about the Caldwell press conference?

Makes me think it’s more likely he’ll leave now. Caldwell trying to shift any responsibility off himself so if Erskine does leave they can say it was his choice and he wanted to go. Sadly for him the majority of the Thistle fans know that they don’t see eye to eye and he’s been forcing Erskine out so they’ll still be against him.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You talking about the Caldwell press conference?

Makes me think it’s more likely he’ll leave now. Caldwell trying to shift any responsibility off himself so if Erskine does leave they can say it was his choice and he wanted to go. Sadly for him the majority of the Thistle fans know that they don’t see eye to eye and he’s been forcing Erskine out so they’ll still be against him.

Suppose could look at it that way.

Suppose could look at it that way.

Yeah maybe

Caldwell strikes me as someone who’ll say anything to avoid looking bad even if it meant passing the buck to one of his players. He’ll try and surround himself with guys at Partick who’ll idolise him simply because he played for Celtic. Clearly hasn’t worked with Erskine.

6 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Hard to believe alex Williams last minute equaliser against them was 10 years to the day .never seen the sre erupt as much as that before limbs everywhere. Scenes

Was it really. Thought I was going to have a heart attack that day. Still any excuse...

12 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

Stefan Scougall also been linked he would also be very good at our level another one that McCall can sprinkle the magic dust on and revive his career

With the greatest respect, if be surprised if you could afford him. He's apparently earning in the region of £2k a week.

His contract expires in 6 months, and you get the impression he'll happily sit on that contract as he knows his next one won't be near it.

We want his wage completely gone, so a loan deal where you pay a small percentage is unlikely.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

With the greatest respect, if be surprised if you could afford him. He's apparently earning in the region of £2k a week.

His contract expires in 6 months, and you get the impression he'll happily sit on that contract as he knows his next one won't be near it.

We want his wage completely gone, so a loan deal where you pay a small percentage is unlikely.

I suppose it depends on how much McCall/B.O.D/Cameron want him....I seem to recall that it's a member of the board who forks out for Shanklands wages...

4 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

I suppose it depends on how much McCall/B.O.D/Cameron want him....I seem to recall that it's a member of the board who forks out for Shanklands wages...

I'm not sure he'd be worth it.

1 hour ago, Fitbafollower said:

Has Ayr freed up any wages by getting some fringe players moved on?

this would probably be required to bring in some new faces 

Don’t see anyone being released. Starting to become short on numbers so additions are needed.

I know it's a bit irrelevant up to a point but see Arsenal v Man Utd in the FA Cup is to be on BBC One the same night our game at home to Dundee United is on BT.

Hopefully that doesn't stop punters coming along to Somerset on the Friday night who perhaps don't usually go to Ayr games.

21 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I know it's a bit irrelevant up to a point but see Arsenal v Man Utd in the FA Cup is to be on BBC One the same night our game at home to Dundee United is on BT.

Hopefully that doesn't stop punters coming along to Somerset on the Friday night who perhaps don't usually go to Ayr games.

Completely forgot that was the Friday and I’m off. Lovely jubbly.

24 minutes ago, rb123! said:

We're probably at the point where we have 1,700 - 2,000 hardcore including season ticket holders and diehards who just pay at the gate.

An English Youth cup / reserve team tie shouldn't hopefully affect our core support but as you say, we might miss out on an additional 50 or 60 but to be honest I'd doubt it, as they would be more likely to watch our game on TV anyway as opposed to missing attending our match to watch some English dross.

9 minutes ago, mccurdieboy said:

Hearing a load of rumours Liam Smith signed pre contract at Dundee utd can anyone confirm it

That could maybe tie in with yesterdays announcement and his "injury".

Who knows these days, sometimes I think it was better when you just phoned 0898 121 552 "for all the latest news and views from Somerset Park"....................

That could maybe tie in with yesterdays announcement and his "injury".
Who knows these days, sometimes I think it was better when you just phoned 0898 121 552 "for all the latest news and views from Somerset Park"....................

I don’t think Smith is our tomorrow because of him signing a pre contract with Dundee Utd.

If he has we can’t do anything about it but the pre contracts aren’t unbreakable.