The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Thought I would have a look to see what you guys were saying about your wee dip in form only to find the page hijacked by some killie lunatic with a fake profile. Never mind.
The fact you think it's a Killie fan suggests to me you've never been to Gretna...

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
3 minutes ago, GMBairn said:
Thought I would have a look to see what you guys were saying about your wee dip in form only to find the page hijacked by some killie lunatic with a fake profile. Never mind.

The fact you think it's a Killie fan suggests to me you've never been to Gretna...

You got me Columbo.

5 hours ago, eez-eh said:

That’s got to be some of the worst trolling I’ve ever seen but it still got a few bites.

Fair play to the lad.

Obviously our bench is as threadbare as McCall's.

Anyyyyyway.

Hopefully we can get this signing McCalls wanting (Erskine) in this week. Did Thistle play in the 3rd and would he be eligible for Saturday? I see they’ve also released Tam Scobbie to the dismay of their support, better option than Muirhead?

11 hours ago, GMBairn said:

In fairness we've not been at our best for about 2 months. The Dundee Utd game actually papered over the cracks a little, having said that the league is really tight and there's not really been a game where we've been totally outplayed, it's just that we're not creating many chances and obviously we've had a bit of an injury crisis over the past couple of games, which shows up how thin our squad actually is.

I personally think this is a fantastic league where every team is capable of beating every other team at any given time, that's exactly how it should be and is actually a great advert for football.

In fairness we've not been at our best for about 2 months. The Dundee Utd game actually papered over the cracks a little, having said that the league is really tight and there's not really been a game where we've been totally outplayed, it's just that we're not creating many chances and obviously we've had a bit of an injury crisis over the past couple of games, which shows up how thin our squad actually is.
I personally think this is a fantastic league where every team is capable of beating every other team at any given time, that's exactly how it should be and is actually a great advert for football.
Yeah was a few games in November we were fortunate to get results, one that springs to mind the most was Falkirk away which we didn't deserve to win.

Anyyyyyway.

Hopefully we can get this signing McCalls wanting (Erskine) in this week. Did Thistle play in the 3rd and would he be eligible for Saturday? I see they’ve also released Tam Scobbie to the dismay of their support, better option than Muirhead?

Partick haven’t played in the Scottish Cup yet so providing we got him this week he can play on Saturday.

I’m not overly keen on Muirhead or Scobbie but Muirhead is the younger of the two and was rated by Falkirk fans prior to this disaster of a season. If we signed him I’d reserve judgment until he’d played a few games.

He seems to have had an actual nervous breakdown this season. Comes off the bench, runs around in a panic and creates havoc in the defence.

He's awesome, please take him off our hands.

Was he at least decent before this breakdown?

He was part of the Thistle team that won this league in 2013 wasn’t he?

If you were to take Muirhead off our hands, then Gremlin rules apply.

1) Do NOT feed him after sunset

2) Do NOT make him captain

3) DO ensure that he understands that when playing as a centre back, it does NOT mean he is free to go wherever he likes whenever he feels like it.

4) DO ensure that he is your penalty taker.

Rules 2) & 3) are the important ones.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

On 13/01/2019 at 19:43, GretnaLads’12 said:

Our owners alive and well you clown, Were still an SPFL team.

Bigger than most in the top flight, more fans etc etc.

You lot are Ayrshire’s shame. Auchinleck will put you back in your place.

I like you. 

I see that if the game is postponed on Saturday, (which looks like a real possibility) then the game will be played at 1pm on Wednesday 30th January.  I’m afraid this is the reason junior clubs shouldn’t be anywhere near the Scottish Cup.  I get the argument that it’s a bit of fun etc, but this really is utterly unprofessional.

I see that if the game is postponed on Saturday, (which looks like a real possibility) then the game will be played at 1pm on Wednesday 30th January.  I’m afraid this is the reason junior clubs shouldn’t be anywhere near the Scottish Cup.  I get the argument that it’s a bit of fun etc, but this really is utterly unprofessional.

Your joking surely ?

Your joking surely ?

What part?

That’s the date the game will go ahead and there should be questions asked over whether teams have the necessary requirements to host a football match. Having floodlights should be a basic requirement.

The Wednesday at 1pm part, that's nonsense, I'am all for change and giving smaller clubs a chance but that's nonsense.

It’s not really fair on either club as Talbot players will need to take a day off work as will fans that want to go.

I’d be surprised if it’s called off. Talbot will be desperate to get it on.