The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

24 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Partick will be looking for a 6 figure transfer fee for both those players.  

They will be looking for a long time in that case! Under normal circumstances it would be absolutely daft to suggest it but if they're in financial strife then you never know. Although i see they're after McInroy so perhaps not as skint as they claim. 

Edited by Shibuya

11 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Yes that’s never going to happen. It’s a bit like Thistle trying to sign Dipo.

Certainly wouldn’t be a shock to see someone offer 100k for Milne.  Either way, they’d want a significant transfer fee of some kind for both players.  Enquiring about them would be about as daft as enquiring about Graham.

18 hours ago, muZZa__44 said:

I don’t see JML or Ashford going, JML can be frustrating but I think he works best as an impact sub (note first away game last season At Arbroath) as for Ashford he’s at the very least versatile and runs for days and comes back to help defend 

He helps nobody he's an abysmal footballer, absolutely never professional standard. 

8 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

He helps nobody he's an abysmal footballer, absolutely never professional standard. 

Amazingly he was signed from English League 2 level, the highest level out of any of our signings from down south...

As it stands right now we NEED a RB and either a creative Midfielder or a proven Right Winger at an absolute minimum.

If Dipo goes, then we'll require another Centre Forward, again, at absolute minimum.

That's assuming no further players leave of course, in which case the picture changes again. 

6 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

As it stands right now we NEED a RB and either a creative Midfielder or a proven Right Winger at an absolute minimum.

If Dipo goes, then we'll require another Centre Forward, again, at absolute minimum.

That's assuming no further players leave of course, in which case the picture changes again. 

I think we need a RB and LB. I'd actually argue a LB is more important than a RB as id feel far more comfortable with McAllister at RB than I would with Reading/Ecrepont at LB. 

13 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

It's pretty obvious we'll have another 3 in the door and where they will play 

Screenshot_20230625-115444.png

10 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Yes, that's what I'd expect also.

12 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I think that’s probably likely for the league cup games. There’s always the potential for additional signings afterwards. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think that’s probably likely for the league cup games. There’s always the potential for additional signings afterwards. 

I'd say we need to be signing a RB as a major priority not just potentially.

At the minute we've only got 2 squad players who can cover, in McAllister and Ecrepont or at a major push Musonda, but we can't be going in to a new season without a first choice RB, especially as the jury is still out on the LB position also.

Ideally I'd love to see Liam Smith back but he'll no doubt end up in Fife.

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

At the minute we've only got 2 squad players who can cover, in McAllister and Ecrepont or at a major push Musonda, but we can't be going in to a new season without a first choice RB, especially as the jury is still out on the LB position also.

Aye I meant I think we’ll see a RB, striker and winger in before the first game and then we’ll take it from there. 

7 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

My only slight concern atm is where all these "experienced" players are coming from which Bullen said was required to take us to the next step (and he's not wrong)

Murphy is one but I'd agree we probably need at least one more, however not sure what position they'd be playing ?

I suppose if we WERE to sign the likes of Smith he would probably also tick the "experienced" box while still being in his mid 20's.

18 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Maybe Bullen sees Hewitt as cover for RB although I’d hope not 

2 hours ago, Young Eddie said:

Just a question for @Finlay21, I really appreciate your updates here and sharing inside info without giving too much away but how is it that you seem to know so much about the squad and the transfer targets etc? I get that you probably saw players on a day to day basis and struck up a relationship, hence knowing about Daire's plans for example, but do you also get fed little breadcrumbs, so to speak, about potential signings from Keith Glendinning? Or is it speculation on your part? 

Genuinely interested, not having a go or anything. Cheers mate

Majority of what I get is already out there on some forums , majority is speculation , I think majority of people know when signings are being announced , I follow a guy on twitter who seems to know who is signing long before me , the other day he was posting initials of the 2 new signings before I knew their names ( I knew we signing 2 players but not aware of names) as from today though I can not post any teasers or rumours as I will be in a position of ITK so to speak so must keep everything private 

4 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Majority of what I get is already out there on some forums , majority is speculation , I think majority of people know when signings are being announced , I follow a guy on twitter who seems to know who is signing long before me , the other day he was posting initials of the 2 new signings before I knew their names ( I knew we signing 2 players but not aware of names) as from today though I can not post any teasers or rumours as I will be in a position of ITK so to speak so must keep everything private 

Assistant manager? 🤔

5 minutes ago, ecocme said:

Maybe Bullen sees Hewitt as cover for RB although I’d hope not 

Christ, I'd forgotten about Hewitt !! (which maybe says it all).