The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Is it role you done a couple of times tail end of last  season? If so then good luck. 

It is so and thanks , brings an end to our wee debates on here which we’re always healthy and enjoyable 

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

How likely is it that we have trialists playing next Saturday against Stranraer? Used to love going to a pre season game and trying to work out who’s playing. 

Apart from the Stainrod and early Dalziel era where we had about half a dozen new players appearing every week !!

39 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I follow a guy on twitter who seems to know who is signing long before me , the other day he was posting initials of the 2 new signings before I knew their names

Essentially you probably just Google the words Pendlebury Slough and see what turns up.

51 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I suppose if we WERE to sign the likes of Smith he would probably also tick the "experienced" box while still being in his mid 20's.

I think Smith is 28 so no spring chicken . Also Raith have signed a decent right back in Watson , so his Fife options have diminished a bit . so maybe .....

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I think we need a RB and LB. I'd actually argue a LB is more important than a RB as id feel far more comfortable with McAllister at RB than I would with Reading/Ecrepont at LB. 

I'm with you on this.

Our issues are worse at left back despite not having an actual right back!

Just now, North Terrace Gazza said:

That’s McMullan signed for Derry City so another potential top signing is not arriving down Somerset way 

Quite surprised at that.  Thought he would have plenty better offers in Scotland.