The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

What's the trialist looking like?

Couple of decent runs and did a good pass into the box only for 24 (Tomlinson I think) to do a howler and scuff it, has done more then Amartey did in the first half

7 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Did Dipo leave at HT?

apparently the players came back out at FT for photos with the kids etc and he was nowhere to be seen

Was anyone checking his facial expressions during the game for signs of discontent?

Watrett was the best of the young players, a bit naive at times but if he is only 16 then that is very positive for the future. 

It is only one game so you can’t read too much into it but of the new guys:

Pendlebury seems pretty similar to our other midfielders, which would be a little pointless. 

Murphy adds a bit of creativity and a decent final pass/ball in the final third that we lacked a bit at times last year. 

Amartey didn’t offer anything, and the trialist contributed more - however it was only one half, never mind a game. 

Absolutely soaking which was all my own doing tbf. I went with the intention of judging every player but I’ve came away with a judgement on none of them. EK on Astro on Tuesday might provide some more insight into their ball playing abilities but I can’t wait for Stirling next week now. No idea why.

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Watrett was the best of the young players, a bit naive at times but if he is only 16 then that is very positive for the future. 

It is only one game so you can’t read too much into it but of the new guys:

Pendlebury seems pretty similar to our other midfielders, which would be a little pointless. 

Murphy adds a bit of creativity and a decent final pass/ball in the final third that we lacked a bit at times last year. 

Amartey didn’t offer anything, and the trialist contributed more - however it was only one half, never mind a game. 

Thanks for this, I couldn't make it so interested in views.

I'm on holiday just now but hoping to catch the League Cup games. Starting with Stirling next Saturday.

18 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Thanks for this, I couldn't make it so interested in views.

I'm on holiday just now but hoping to catch the League Cup games. Starting with Stirling next Saturday.

It’s obviously hard to get a proper picture as I’m sure Bullen will be trying to get different things - particularly in terms of the central midfield players. 

4-3-3 first half and seemed to be more of a 4-4-2 second half, though I was fucking drenched so wasn’t paying quite as much attention! 

Ecrepont looked decent today. Certainly more vocal than Reading was in the first half.

Bryden held the ball up well and some good passes.

The trialist had the shot of the game from just outside the box, looked okay and contributed.

Player of the match, without a doubt was Watret. Looked fantastic and at times, did Amartys role aswell.

Thought Murdoch looked back to his old self compared to the second half of the season when he was anonymous.

Bryden is not up to the task sadly and needs a loan out this season.

Murphy looks like he’ll do a job for us and I thought he really helped out Reading.

Stanger also looks like a great option to have for the back 4.

Viviani didn’t look too out of place either in the middle.