The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Any of his goals in his second spell. 

I remember a game at Somerset against airdrie where we couldn't string two passes together to save ourselves and Stevenson pinged one in from over 30 yards to win it 1-0. At the time it felt like we had a chance in any game so long as he was playing.

Another good goal was in a home game against Hamilton around 98 when it was 1-1 and we couldn't get anything going until late on when Andy Millen, playing centre back, took it upon himself to stride forward, exchange a couple of passes and smack home an important winner.

8 minutes ago, Iain said:

I remember a game at Somerset against airdrie where we couldn't string two passes together to save ourselves and Stevenson pinged one in from over 30 yards to win it 1-0. At the time it felt like we had a chance in any game so long as he was playing.

I remember against Stenny (I think??) we had a breakaway and Stevo picked it up just over the halfway line and strode forward. Folk are screaming at him to run or pass but Stevo, clearly blowing out his arse, just pinged it from about 30 yards into the top corner and then sauntered off nonchalantly. 

Sometimes I look back and wonder if we’d have been better off trying to hold onto him instead of getting Harkins. I think Stevo playing as a 10 in our team would’ve been a real asset in a season where we didn’t have one semi decent striker. 

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

The "I'm Bored Of Listening To This Pish" P&B Bingo Card

What you having for dinner?

"Something, something Bangala.." Richey

That song

Those highlights are pish by the way

You like a fucking moan

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I remember against Stenny (I think??) we had a breakaway and Stevo picked it up just over the halfway line and strode forward. Folk are screaming at him to run or pass but Stevo, clearly blowing out his arse, just pinged it from about 30 yards into the top corner and then sauntered off nonchalantly. 

Sometimes I look back and wonder if we’d have been better off trying to hold onto him instead of getting Harkins. I think Stevo playing as a 10 in our team would’ve been a real asset in a season where we didn’t have one semi decent striker. 

McCall wasn't keen apparently. I heard it was Lachlan's idea to brought him back.

Shame how Stevo's time with us ended, but he's since said in an interview that his head wasn't in football anymore at the time.

Stevo would have been better than Harkins though, definitely.

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

McCall wasn't keen apparently. I heard it was Lachlan's idea to brought him back.

Shame how Stevo's time with us ended, but he's since said in an interview that his head wasn't in football anymore at the time.

Stevo would have been better than Harkins though, definitely.

Aye I don’t think they ever saw eye to eye. 

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Stevo with the apparent semi decent striker we had that season 

nintchdbpict000305498076-e1488323717744.jpg

4 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I cunted it and twisted my ankle celebrating El Alagui's goal in that game.

I’m surprised El Alagui didn’t. 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Gave them the usual giruy patter. 

You fucking hooligan

What’s the worst Ayr United XI that you could name from say, the last ten years? Plenty of contenders in that timeframe. Would go earlier but you could build a team from the few years of having Watt, Shanks and Connor in charge.