The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 up front with Dempsey, Pendlebury and Murdoch in the middle and Murphy playing where the f**k he wants. Stop Morton running through us and and use Murphy to coordinate counter attacks rather than have the centre backs wallop every fucking ball.

2 in midfield, 2 up front against Morton. It’s the same as last season, you need to have the ball first before you can play football and that hasn’t dawned on Bullen in 2 years. 

17 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Yeah it's a nice style of play when it comes off but wrong opponent to try it against as we played ourselves into bother too many times today.

Hopefully we can get Bryden a loan to L1 and get someone else in. Suppose we'll need to wait and see how serious Murdoch's injury is given his history too.

I don’t think it’s the wrong opponent to play it against, you just need to have defenders capable of passing the ball under pressure - McGinty and McAllister definitely can’t and I don’t think Reading can either. 

21 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t think it’s the wrong opponent to play it against, you just need to have defenders capable of passing the ball under pressure - McGinty and McAllister definitely can’t and I don’t think Reading can either. 

You can add in Albinson to that group.

Pissing about outside his own box and putting himself in needlessly dangerous positions - aye it looks magic if you get away with it, but he almost got crocked in the first half thinking he's Neur.

5 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The new RB made me hope that Bangala will be starting ahead of him.........

Wasn't surprised to see the number 2 taken off at half time as he was a ticking time bomb for a red. His replacement was fucking awful.

That was bad , really bad. Putting McKenzie Bryden in attack v Morton was crazy. Even a half fit Rose would have been better, more a physical presence against Morton who will be just that. 

McAllister is a nutcase and very early lost the plot no surprise he never appeared for the second half. As for the new lad that replaced him, booked for a soft challenge then looked a total bag of nerves.

Hi Lee, what are you planning to do this season ?

I’m planning to play like the 2010 Barcelona team.

Ok, are you bringing in players who can do that?

no, I am going to just tell them to do it because we have a new pitch and we finished second last year. 

It’s game 1 out of 36. A lot will happen between now and May. 
we were going down at the end of July and winning the league in September last year. 
The club need to know that today was shite, if we beat Inverness next week, we haven’t solved anything or turned a corner and time will tell if we have learned any lessons. We need to be better than we were last season as a bare minimum in terms of consistency and performance and today was a bad start.

Bullens comments post match were powderpuff. 

Edited by diegomarahenry