The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, baba douche said:

Serious question, but surely you haven't spent all of the £1/4 million you got? You've got plenty for the right player, so why haven't you got them?

We won’t have that money in the bank though as it won’t have been paid up front. We might get a chunk of it straight away but the rest will likely be instalments over the next year or so. 

The club tried to play down how much money we have and for good reason but I think there is money to be spent. We clearly felt we had enough to offer deals to Graham and McKay. If the rumours are to be believed then we’re in talks for Logan Chalmers but I think the club will be hesitant to blow the budget on him and leave nothing to be spent in January. We did that last year and our January window was woeful as we had to get players out to get players in and spent our cash on six month deals for Josh Mullin and Chris Maguire. 

4 minutes ago, baba douche said:

Serious question, but surely you haven't spent all of the £1/4 million you got? You've got plenty for the right player, so why haven't you got them?

Because we are doing things differently to all you silly clubs. Signing good talent from Scotland is a total waste of time. We have 'super' Glendinning who can pluck gems from nowhere. 
All the Scottish players are not the right type of person for us, as you will all find out to your peril shortly. 

I'm not arsed in we spend a fee as long as we get quality in. However, we still have a budget to work to and at the moment we have 3 keeper, 2 right backs, 2 left backs, 3 centre halfs, 4 central midfielders, 4 wide players and 4 forwards and a Bangala. 

a squad of 25 and about 8 of them are good enough for the championship. 

17 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Have you considered the distinct possibility that this won't happen, and that the incoming might be limited to two random loan signings (which based on previous form might both be wingers)?

The club started its business far too late in the window for the third year in a row and for whatever reason seems to have missed out on about half a dozen targets to other teams in the same league.

Yes, I have considered that they may have made a total arse of recruitment again and with the work on the stadium and the pitch, they might be looking to keep money in the bank rather than chuck it at a futile bid for promotion that looks a busted flush after the first hour of the season. 

They have 5 days to tempt folk in to buying a season ticket and I would guess that if they were to accept returns, they would have got a fair amount this week. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Think it’s handy after the first game of the season to assess where we are with signings. I think Ahui and McGeady will be fine. Ahui needs a bit of time to adapt to a harder league and McGeady needs to be kept away until he is clearly fit enough to actually play. 

I would say we still need another wide player and left back if Ecrepont isn’t up to it. However I reckon we could do with another midfielder to help us in situations where we start to shit the bed like we did at 1-1.

Looking back on it our play was fine until the equaliser which was encouraging as we tried to impose ourselves but we bottled it far too easily after Crawford scored. That’s the annoying thing as it isn’t anything new under Bullen and whilst I think at times we’ve shown a lot of character in his time here, we also show a fragile side at times that costs us in big matches. 

I’d persevere with the three strikers we have plus Amartey can be used through the middle as well. I don’t think we’ll have huge issues this season scoring goals but I think with the midfield and defence as it is we’ll have trouble coping with pressure. 

I don’t share your optimism on Ahui although I hope you’re right. He was up there with worst player in an Ayr debut imo.

1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I don’t share your optimism on Ahui although I hope you’re right. He was up there with worst player in an Ayr debut imo.

He’s 19 years old only came up here on Wednesday or Thursday. Maybe done one session with the players and was thrown into a hard game. 

I’d probably take him out the firing line for a couple games but I think he’ll be decent. People write players off far too easily. 

42 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Transfers Scotland on Twitter is reckoning that well will be signing a player by either tomorrow or Tuesday.

TBH they may be right but I reckon you make up a name half the time and that account would post it.

Did notice Strapp was at the game yesterday. Maybe looking to work out how easy he could displace Reading.

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s 19 years old only came up here on Wednesday or Thursday. Maybe done one session with the players and was thrown into a hard game. 

I’d probably take him out the firing line for a couple games but I think he’ll be decent. People write players off far too easily. 

If McCalister is injured would you put a 16 year old kid in?  I agree otherwise though. 

4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

If McCalister is injured would you put a 16 year old kid in?  I agree otherwise though. 

Is he definitely injured? If it’s between the two then Ahui probably plays and we hope that he at least gets through 90 minutes without a horror showing. 

6 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

TBH they may be right but I reckon you make up a name half the time and that account would post it.

Did notice Strapp was at the game yesterday. Maybe looking to work out how easy he could displace Reading.

That weird transfer account seemed to think that Strapp was going back to Morton. I wonder if teams have been put off by his injury although going back to Morton makes no sense as it seemed to be a club decision that he moved on and they’ve already got a decent enough replacement for him. 

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is he definitely injured? If it’s between the two then Ahui probably plays and we hope that he at least gets through 90 minutes without a horror showing. 

That weird transfer account seemed to think that Strapp was going back to Morton. I wonder if teams have been put off by his injury although going back to Morton makes no sense as it seemed to be a club decision that he moved on and they’ve already got a decent enough replacement for him. 

It is a pretty tragic state of affairs that we are having this discussion about someone who we hoped was coming in to be a huge improvement in the full back area. 

1 hour ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Transfers Scotland on Twitter is reckoning that well will be signing a player by either tomorrow or Tuesday.

Synonyms: fasten, tie, secure, bind

21 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

No idea, heard he was off injured and ice packed.  

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Never noticed the ice pack although the change was made at half time. 

Fairly certain he injured himself making that last ditch sliding tackle in the first half.