The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, GuyIncognito said:

Yes I think so. Was getting reported on that Transfers Scotland page on Twitter.

That guy could say it’s Tuesday and I’d have to check my calendar. 

He makes enough shite up and hopes it sticks.

Just now, Coollestersmoothe said:

Any word on who the former Ayr player that we're linked with is? 

It’ll be Chalmers. Although I can’t see that happening until later on in the window. 

11 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Is this all because Lewis Strapp followed Ayr on twitter? 😂

That's pretty much how the Jamie Murphy rumour first started and that turned out to be true 

ETA: Was his parents not him 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Logan Chalmers will be googling bed and breakfasts in Inverness then.

We’ll sleep on it, lose out on him and then blame the market, the player not being right and not selling enough season tickets. 

In fairness, the club has been pretty good about not making those sorts of excuses. Back in the Lachlan days there was an excuse for everything.

At the same time, you'd like to hope this was for the sake of dignity rather than total ambivalence.

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

In fairness, the club has been pretty good about not making those sorts of excuses. Back in the Lachlan days there was an excuse for everything.

At the same time, you'd like to hope this was for the sake of dignity rather than total ambivalence.

Every time we have gone head to head with another club to make a signing, we have came second. He was offered to Inverness last season as well as us and Inverness declined to save the money for the new year window.

Inverness are a similar market than us but I don’t think they have signed much this window so may have a budget to spend here. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Every time we have gone head to head with another club to make a signing, we have came second. He was offered to Inverness last season as well as us and Inverness declined to save the money for the new year window.

Inverness are a similar market than us but I don’t think they have signed much this window so may have a budget to spend here. 

Was there not rumours that Billy Dodds didn’t rate him all that much and that’s why they passed on him?

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Was there not rumours that Billy Dodds didn’t rate him all that much and that’s why they passed on him?

We signed players early last summer and missed out on him. We’ve delayed buying early this year apparently, definitely a player we could do with.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He was on radio Scotland last season the day after we signed Chalmers. He said that they were offered a player the day before and hummed and hawed but decided to keep the budget should they need them in January but the player went to another team in the Championship. 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

He was on radio Scotland last season the day after we signed Chalmers. He said that they were offered a player the day before and hummed and hawed but decided to keep the budget should they need them in January but the player went to another team in the Championship. 

Silly c**t.

Man's a moron.  Chalmers was one of the reasons we got to the play off final in 2022.

Edit - That and both Thistle and Arbroath were dugshite from about March onwards.

Edited by TheScarf