The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

25 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Can we get a vid of Olly's goal?

Delighted to see McGeady getting some minutes as well. 

He scored so quick don’t think anyone was ready, think it was timed about 40 seconds after kick off 

17 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Fucking hell, I'm just about buckled after that. I want that team back!

ayr.thumb.png.bb4db31aa4fd47abee25145817b3a1e3.png

Looks about as perfect a front two as you could find in these, tbh.

13 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Can you show us Craig Moore from the same time? 

moore.thumb.png.547308046b86908f767ba6ff52132600.png

Seemed like he had value in front of goal, and as a target man type, but lacked the all round ability of the other two?

"Value" figures are related to club, so he's obviously punished in those by being compared to Shankland/Moore, but it still reckons hes was around Championship level.

Aye Moore wasn’t great that season but I don’t think the way we played suited him. The season prior when we won the league he had a ridiculous goal to minutes ratio. Scored over 20 goals and I doubt he started as many games. 

What a time. Going into every week feeling that it was a guarantee you were going to score at least 2 or 3 goals.

That was a very special team for League 1 / Championship. Which is highlighted by the level that some of those players have gone onto.

A brilliant mix of right players at the right time. Might have just been the League 1 title, but I couldn't care less. That was special.

Edited by AuAl

Just now, AuAl said:

What a time. Going into every week feeling that it was a guarantee you were going to score 2 or 3 goals.

That was a very special team for League 1 / Championship. Which is highlighted by the level that some of those players have gone onto.

A brilliant mix of right players at the right time. Might have just been the League 1 title, but I couldn't care less. That was special.

They still count (despite what some people say). That was one of the best days of my life.

14 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

They still count (despite what some people say). That was one of the best days of my life.

Shame there was only an average league game crowd at Somerset since everyone thought we'd blown it at Alloa the week before

2 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Shame there was only an average league game crowd at Somerset since everyone thought we'd blown it at Alloa the week before

I did think we had blown it, but there was still a chance so there was no way I was going to miss that.

I was actually meant to be working but pulled a sicky.

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t know a huge amount about him, so prepared to be corrected but it might be the case that getting Connor Smith on loan from Hearts would be a better loan signing than getting Chalmers back on loan…

Seems to be away to Accies on loan. I’m not fussed if it’s a winger or another midfielder but we need another creative element in the team somewhere. 

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t know a huge amount about him, so prepared to be corrected but it might be the case that getting Connor Smith on loan from Hearts would be a better loan signing than getting Chalmers back on loan…

I would have taken Smith on loan but much rather Chalmers. Like @D'Jaffo said it looks like Smith is away to Accies. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Seems to be away to Accies on loan. I’m not fussed if it’s a winger or another midfielder but we need another creative element in the team somewhere. 

Yeah - I just think we might be better having that person in a central area so they can drop back in when we are struggling. I don’t overly know if that’s something Smith can do like a McInroy would though!

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I would have taken Smith on loan but much rather Chalmers. Like @D'Jaffo said it looks like Smith is away to Accies. 

Very surprised if he drops down to league one on loan, after last season! 

Quite happy if he goes to Hamilton given I have them on to win the league! 

Edited by No_Problemo

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

smithaye.thumb.png.2efd4ef2b0b3a2d974448dc869e8ef75.png

Very much an attacking CM? Seems like he was decent in a poor team last season.

On 06/08/2023 at 00:57, Coollestersmoothe said:

Ayr weren't great but Morton were fuckin dire as well. Their two goals came from playing against 10 men (pendlebury was gubbed at that point) and Mcginty giving his bi-annual f**k up. It wasn't like we were outplayed for huge parts of the game. I thought we looked the better team in terms of playing football. All they did was hoofball. They were just  more aggressive and up for it. Got a feeling they'll be our bogey team this year.  We're not streetwise enough to play against a team whose gameplan is pure dark arts. Doubt the rest of the teams in the league are as brazenly cynical as they were so i'm not overly panicked. 

Also, Ahui looks horrifying. Give him the benefit of the doubt as he's had about half an hour to get settled, but f**k me he was bad today. I don't know if i can deal with a Bangala 2.0. It's toe curling to have players that pish on your books. 

When you go to a game you will really have to concentrate what is happening during the game because what you are saying here your talking a load of pish

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

smithaye.thumb.png.2efd4ef2b0b3a2d974448dc869e8ef75.png

Very much an attacking CM? Seems like he was decent in a poor team last season.

Yeah, assumed that just going off his goal return alone. Seems like an interesting player in terms of his ball carrying ability, in as you say a poor team. 

Lots of aspects to improve, although again that could be due to the team he was in/style I guess too. 

You would have thought he would be getting a championship loan again!