The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

12 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

also because we have no inside track now 

It's certainly looking like it will be a similar line up on Saturday to what we had at Cappielow.

Maybe Rose in for Bryden, Stanger possibly back in at expense of McGinty or Musonda and possibly Ahui at RB if McAllister out, but not convinced that will improve us after his short cameo but only time will tell.

31 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

It's certainly looking like it will be a similar line up on Saturday to what we had at Cappielow.

Maybe Rose in for Bryden, Stanger possibly back in at expense of McGinty or Musonda and possibly Ahui at RB if McAllister out, but not convinced that will improve us after his short cameo but only time will tell.

Pendlebury must be due a start even if Murdy is fit, 3 goals in 3 games if you count the Kilmarnock friendly.

Just now, Superhursy7 said:

Pendlebury must be due a start even if Murdy is fit, 3 goals in 3 games if you count the Kilmarnock friendly.

Yes, I was actually thinking he'd be in for Murdoch anyway as looked like Andy took a bit of a knock.

Don't know what anyone else thinks but any 2 from 3 is how I see them at the minute although It could easily be argued that Pendlebury has more scope.

11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Has to be this, it seems incredibly obvious but I don’t see it happening. 

McKenzie is much more forward thinking than Pendlebury from what I've seen of him. Pendlebury seems more of a competitor with Dempsey and Murdoch as don't think you could play all three in the same team.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

McKenzie is much more forward thinking than Pendlebury from what I've seen of him. Pendlebury seems more of a competitor with Dempsey and Murdoch as don't think you could play all three in the same team.

They are completely different players, but Pendlebury seems to have more of a goal threat than McKenzie. Pendlebury offers a third central midfielder when we are struggling, while it also potentially allows our wide players to be higher up the pitch where they can impact things more. 

It is basically just a slight change of formation really. 

I feel really sorry for Smith.

Pendlebury has come right in and is getting minutes in the team and I know they aren't like for like players but if we're going to persist with 2 in the middle of the park, Smith finds himself 4th choice through no fault of his own.

At his age he really needs more regular minutes to develop and for us to truly find out what the ceiling of his development is.

At a time when a common theme seems to be our inability to retain possession, we seem to be overlooking the one central midfielder who's default mode is to do exactly that.

Once everyone is fit, I'd like to see us with three in the middle of the park with Amartey and Murphy supporting Rose.

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

They are completely different players, but Pendlebury seems to have more of a goal threat than McKenzie. Pendlebury offers a third central midfielder when we are struggling, while it also potentially allows our wide players to be higher up the pitch where they can impact things more. 

It is basically just a slight change of formation really. 

It would certainly be worth trying but think we'd need better full backs to see it at its best.

5 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I feel really sorry for Smith.

Pendlebury has come right in and is getting minutes in the team and I know they aren't like for like players but if we're going to persist with 2 in the middle of the park, Smith finds himself 4th choice through no fault of his own.

At his age he really needs more regular minutes to develop and for us to truly find out what the ceiling of his development is.

At a time when a common theme seems to be our inability to retain possession, we seem to be overlooking the one central midfielder who's default mode is to do exactly that.

Once everyone is fit, I'd like to see us with three in the middle of the park with Amartey and Murphy supporting Rose.

I said similar in terms of Smith after the Morton game - if we continue to struggle to implement a more possession based style then Smith deserves his chance over a run of games to help with that. We still need improvement on the defenders front to allow that style too though.