The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Ayr dominated the first 20 minutes, scored and looked like it could be a comfortable afternoon.

Inverness came back in to it after that and Ayr have hardly been in the game since then, shape has gone, passing and ball retention has been terrible. 

Having said that, Inverness have only had one shot on target despite having about 6 crosses from the right all flash in front of goal unchallenged. 

Pretty much a case of next goals the winner at the moment.

McCallister keeps venturing forward, Ashford isn’t supporting and Smith keeps getting dragged out wide. Need to settle again and pass the ball more

Oaft that was hit and run stuff today. Started well first 20 and then just abandoned all shape and composure but luckily Caley looked like they had never seen a football before. 

The real positives are three points on the board, Amartey has his first goal and McGeady looked a lot sharper when he actually got on the ball. 

McKenzie gets pass marks for me. Ashford does not. 

Bryden was good for the first 20 minutes when the team as a whole looked good but he then spent the rest of the game chasing high balls which isn’t his game. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

McKenzie gets pass marks for me. Ashford does not. 

Bryden was good for the first 20 minutes when the team as a whole looked good but he then spent the rest of the game chasing high balls which isn’t his game. 

Back to that were we?

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Back to that were we?

Aye big time but it was more the midfield simply could not handle passing the ball to other players in their team so nothing actually settled down. Like last week is was clear that they were panicking and had zero composure. 

1 hour ago, Iain said:

All the sceptics in here away for a humble pie at half time?

The negativity on here before a ball was even kicked this afternoon was amazing. The team came second last year, sold their main striker (previously unknown) for good money, invested a lot of money to create a top class playing surface at Somerset, are building a new stand, have built the shop and a bar and provide a pathway for local youth players into the first team. And we won today. A lot of teams in the division would be happy to be in this position. 

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Back to that were we?

For the vast majority of the game, yes. 

The full backs were probably our best players, which tells you just how bad it was. 

Hopefully the Bryden and McKenzie experiment up front is now over. 

Thankfully Bullen didn’t wait too late for the subs this week - though subbing our only attacking threat in Amartey and keeping on McKenzie was hilarious. 

3 minutes ago, Highlander601 said:

The negativity on here before a ball was even kicked this afternoon was amazing. The team came second last year, sold their main striker (previously unknown) for good money, invested a lot of money to create a top class playing surface at Somerset, are building a new stand, have built the shop and a bar and provide a pathway for local youth players into the first team. And we won today. A lot of teams in the division would be happy to be in this position. 

Pish - the negativity before the game was completely justified. 

A truly awful performance resulting in a win does not change that. 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Pish - the negativity before the game was completely justified. 

A truly awful performance resulting in a win does not change that. 

There’s a nagging suspicion we’ve run into Inverness at the right time.  Wouldn’t be surprised to see Dodds emptied during the week.  We need to get our act together and quick.

2 hours ago, Hursty said:

The only positive I'm taking is that I'm not going today.   So I either miss the shit show that I fear is going to happen, or its the latest in a long line of surprisingly excellent games I've missed that I can add to my 'funny story'

I'm never going back.  You lads are welcome