The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

19 minutes ago, Thumper said:

A thing I like is when a player has literally years of history to judge them on, has a bad game and is criticised, and people say that this is because the fanbase has irrationally chosen to hate that player.

Irrational hatred is when @itzdrk watched Mark Roberts scoring every week and still said he was pish and should be dropped. Nobody suggesting that perhaps defenders should not occasionally concede stupid penalties or make schoolboy positional errors is doing so out of some twisted personal enmity.

I didn’t say he should be free from criticism, he still has some poor games. It’s just undoubtedly the case that his mistakes (which are far rarer than they used to be) are highlighted more than just about anyone else because of his past reputation.

As per you’re just jumping the gun on what I said.

2 hours ago, eez-eh said:

It’s just undoubtedly the case that his mistakes (which are far rarer than they used to be) are highlighted more than just about anyone else

He's about eighth on the firing line most of the time around here these days. In fact prior to the Morten game I can't remember the last time he was singled out, by anybody.

5 hours ago, Iain said:

Haha the club lotto numbers this week are 23, 24, 27, 28. Whatever system they've upgraded to, I'm not sure it's helping. 😀

Between this and the ticketing system, they’d be as well just taking fans money via direct debit and emailing them to tell them to f**k off. 

3 years in and it’s still a shambles. 

7 hours ago, Iain said:

Haha the club lotto numbers this week are 23, 24, 27, 28. Whatever system they've upgraded to, I'm not sure it's helping. 😀

That can't be right. Surely?

I was in the old lottery and only because a nice gentleman phoned me explained what it was and sent the paperwork out to my house. I signed and posted it off. I'm sure he contacted me as I was a season ticket holder.

That worked well for years and I even won some money occasionally. Then they changed it and I never heard anything about the new one other than generic emails. I thought they would have tried to push it. The personal touch was why I joined it in the first place.

Edited by Trogdor

36 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

That can't be right. Surely?

I was in the old lottery and only because a nice gentleman phoned me explained what it was and sent the paperwork out to my house. I signed and posted it off. I'm sure he contacted me as I was a season ticket holder.

That worked well for years and I even won some money occasionally. Then they changed it and I never heard anything about the new one other than generic emails. I thought they would have tried to push it. The personal touch was why I joined it in the first place.

I got cornered in the old shop one day by the guy that used to run it, asked me if I was in it & set up a direct debit while I was there.

This one is probably easier, you can by a ticket and set up a monthly re-bill but there isn’t the monthly grand plus smaller prizes and hardly anyone wins it. 
offering a £50 weekly prize isn’t the same as £1000 a month so there won’t be many non-Ayr supporting members of the lottery as they aren’t interested in helping the club, just the winnings 

4 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

AP says we're still interested in chalmers but will need to be patient (AKA it's going to go down to the last few days)

There is now way DU will do a deal with us until after our game later in the month .

Just now, Scott-ish said:

Agreed. The last thing we can rely on is for DU to play ball. They are a horrible club.

Would love him to sign up but think we need guaranteed starters signed up now.

If they're going to f**k about then they can f**k off.

Hopefully the club has other transfer targets.