The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, Utdtillidie2 said:

Ayr trouble is there’s plenty of tea in Scotland over the last 33 years who have won a cup. It’s embarrassing to have never won a cup in over 110 years and yet consider ourselves a reasonably big club.

Queen’s Park have won 10 Scottish cups. The last being around 1900. Yet they aren’t bigger than us and their fans are as desperate for a major trophy the same as us. Who cares about it. 

42 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

If Ayr United enters a competition we should be trying our absolute best to win it.

Agreed, but its still a diddy cup. 

Every year we get players injured in it or red carded and they miss league games because of it.
The games aren't on a season ticket and its not regionalised so it is costing supporters and the club more money to be in it.
The format is daft, the inclusion from teams from other associations is marginally better that colt teams being in it.
The fact they had to delay it a couple of seasons back because an Irish team got through was an embarrassment and should have been the catalyst for putting the screens round the whole tournament and emptying both chambers in to its skull.  

7 minutes ago, wuffster said:

Moronic. I hope you are a sock puppet. If not I believe there is a shop on Ayr High Street that should service your needs.

So you’re happy for Ayr to go for another hundred years winning less than Stranraer and Stenhousemuir? If you are I believe there’s a place for you near the Ayr hospital…

It is a diddy cup however it's the only one we have a realistic chance of winning so should be trying to do just that imo. If we reached the final it would be a massive way of enticing young fans as if we went to final and won it they wouldn't care if it was the challenge cup or champions league. 

2 minutes ago, Jack_1910 said:

Queen’s Park have won 10 Scottish cups. The last being around 1900. Yet they aren’t bigger than us and their fans are as desperate for a major trophy the same as us. Who cares about it. 

I do. I want us to win a competition. Hands up, I’m a weirdo!

6 minutes ago, Utdtillidie2 said:

So you’re happy for Ayr to go for another hundred years winning less than Stranraer and Stenhousemuir? If you are I believe there’s a place for you near the Ayr hospital…

I'm happy to support the team I have loved since I was a boy wither they win a trophy or not, I realised many years ago if I wanted to support ayr there was going to be more downs than ups.

Edited by Superhursy7

2 minutes ago, Utdtillidie2 said:

You need to check yourself if your crying over stenny and Stranraer winning a challenge cup supposedly making them bigger than us

Ah you guys are missing my point. I’ll support Ayr as I have blindly as I have for over 35 years. Not matter what league they’re in I’ll be there. All I’m saying is it would be pretty nice to win a trophy, even if it’s a diddy diddy diddy trophy. I would quite like Colin to leave the conversation.

7 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Genuinely cannot believe that people are suggesting that winning the Golden Bucket and Spade seven times counts as major honours.

No you’re right. Seeing thousands of Ayr fans celebrating their first ever national cup win would be proper shit. Stay away.

19 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Help help this horrible football club that has never won the top flight and has an embarrassing history is keeping me hostage.

Our history might be embarrassing but I’ll never be embarrassed by who I support. Telling folk to go and support other teams for wanting better is a riddy.

My original point was the best teams try and win everything they enter. Setting up to lose these games does us no favours and never has.

2 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Our history might be embarrassing but I’ll never be embarrassed by who I support. Telling folk to go and support other teams for wanting better is a riddy.

My original point was the best teams try and win everything they enter. Setting up to lose these games does us no favours and never has.

Our history isn't embarrassing.

21 minutes ago, Utdtillidie2 said:

No. You hope for better. That is the normal state of a supporter.

I think the Challenge Cup was devalued the moment "B" teams entered so it is worthy of derision (and I'm a hypocrite! Had a great weekend going to Chester on the team bus for our Wrexham game - I was certainly the only person on the return bus with a bag full of cheese.)

6 minutes ago, Utdtillidie2 said:

No you’re right. Seeing thousands of Ayr fans celebrating their first ever national cup win would be proper shit. Stay away.

This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

You seem to have veered from just "it bugs me that we haven't won a major trophy" to suggesting that no one here wants Ayr to win a trophy, which is of course utter nonsense.