The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Was it that challenge which caused the injury? Wasn't at the game but seen on this highlights he stayed down after that challenge and can't remember if he has played since?

Yeah. He went off injured after it.

25 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Was it that challenge which caused the injury? Wasn't at the game but seen on this highlights he stayed down after that challenge and can't remember if he has played since?

That was the one, was treated on the park for a goof 5 minutes before he limped off

7 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Right lads so when are we expecting this central midfield destroyer to come in? 

Early next week I'd say.  If they haven't been looking at cm area I don't want them rushing in out of panic. 

2 hours ago, GaryMc93 said:

Certainly a chance as he's switched to Quorum Sports since he arrived here, who is Daire O'Connor's agent.

I don't think any Morton fans would wish that injury on Murdoch but it wasn't the best of tackles. I hope he is not out too long.

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

If Ashford is away surely we've not paid him off and Mathie has worked his magic to get some jobber club down South to take him. Dare I say it even for a small fee. 

Mathie deserves a statue built for getting money for Joe Chalmers. 

One problem we will face is the Scottish clubs being in Europe are less likely to send out players on loan as they might end up with an extra 6 games plus the domestic cups. 

McCarthy can leave Celtic, he'll not be short of cash and they will need to weigh him in to write off the remaining 3-4 years of the bizarre contract they gave him. He has experience and is exactly the type of player we need. However, I have the feeling he may well be absolutely done as a player. 12 games in two years at Celtic doesn't sound like he's match fit. Can see him back at Hamilton. 

1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

Totally reckless challenge that could so easily have cost Jai a serious injury.

But Murdoch seems a decent lad and from that perspective I hope he can recover.

Really couldn’t but aye whatever. 

Don't think it's been mentioned anywhere else but I liked the look of Scott Tomlinson for the short time he had on Saturday.

Moves well when he has the ball and wasn't frightened to communicate with his teammates either. Doesn't look like he'd be lacking from the physical side of Championship football either. 

If Ashford is away and Murphy going to be out for a few weeks it could create some opportunity for him to get some valuable minutes.

Players coming through from our academy to the first team should be a big part of our club, as a supporter it's great to see.

If Ashford is indeed away then that would take our total departures to 11 and we’ve currently signed 9. I can’t remember a higher turnover in squad since the days in League 1 when everyone was on one year contracts. 

Would imagine we’ll see another couple coming in and maybe someone else going. Only real candidate for that is Ecrepont which would mean we’d need another left back. 

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If Ashford is indeed away then that would take our total departures to 11 and we’ve currently signed 9. I can’t remember a higher turnover in squad since the days in League 1 when everyone was on one year contracts. 

Would imagine we’ll see another couple coming in and maybe someone else going. Only real candidate for that is Ecrepont which would mean we’d need another left back. 

9 in and 14 out so far by my reckoning. 15 if Ashford does depart.