The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Yeah terrible performance all round, think I’ve seen enough of Rose to mark as toothless already. A new striker is required for sure.

Got to disagree here. He didn't get much service at all today but you could see he has ability and he had a few flashes of that today in the first half. He's obviously not going to score as many as Dipo and I wouldn't mind seeing another forward in, but to be writing him off as a dud 3 games into the league is insanity.

2 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

Got to disagree here. He didn't get much service at all today but you could see he has ability and he had a few flashes of that today in the first half. He's obviously not going to score as many as Dipo and I wouldn't mind seeing another forward in, but to be writing him off as a dud 3 games into the league is insanity.

His first touch is off, link up play is minimal and hardly try’s to hassle down the defence without the ball. Obviously there’s issues from other players but he hasn’t helped himself from I’ve seen.

5 minutes ago, OneTeamInAyrsh1re said:

Your talking utter drivel smith had no help and performed well, rose is a shocking signing amartey is Jml mark two 

This is plainly rubbish

Rose and Amartey were positive when they actually got the ball but we have no plan to supply our forwards so they can’t actually do much. 

9 minutes ago, OneTeamInAyrsh1re said:

Your talking utter drivel smith had no help and performed well, rose is a shocking signing amartey is Jml mark two 

Haha, he absolutely refused to drop in and take the ball and did nothing otherwise. No one performed well, bar Stanger.

I don’t think he offered for the ball once - it’s literally his job. I like him as a player but he needs to be far braver if he wants to stay in the team when players return. 

You can’t then say Smith had no help, and then slaughter Rose who had far less… 

42 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Oh my God guys we are absolutely shite!!!

We absolutely are.

The only positives I can draw from today are Albinson,Stanger,Jack Young and Tomlinson.

McGinty and Reading weren't great either but at least they were involved and weren't utter mince.

The rest. Well. No much to say. Offered nothing in midfield. Offered nothing going forward. Could have lost by 6 if it wasn't for DUFCs abysmal final ball. Even with Murdoch and Dempsey I wouldn't have expected any different.

Not impressed by Rose at all. However he had absolutely zero to work off.

Unless things drastically improve we're in a bottom 3 fight.

19 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I know he trolled us a few weeks back but I hope Pandemonium is alright. Caught the tail end of him being set upon by Dundee Utd neds

Genuinely I believe that mascots should be armed with weapons. That would prevent incidents like this.

Tone was set basically straight away for me, Reading has the ball with nobody around and is going to pass to Armatey who is shadowed but not exactly marked.  Reading switches to his right foot to make the pass and gives it to the Dundee United player.  

Chalmers must be wondering what the f**k he's come back to.  

Unless there's a big big change it'll be down with a whimper as there is zero personality to that team.  

Rose isn't a lone striker. 

McKenzie is neither a winger nor a CAM. 

Musonda is not a midfielder.  

It still feels a case of square peg round holes which doesn't help.

Thought Rose showed some good touches although I feel he's what Football Manager would describe as a pressing forward. Possibly should try Amartey alongside him who looks decent on the rare occasion we get the ball to him but looks lost on the left.

Stanger did well at times although I think he was marking Holt in the 1st half so need to see who lost him for the goals.

Well, that was poor in so many ways. Team selection was baffling and playing Musonda in midfield when we had real midfielders on the bench probably tops it. His main contribution was getting booked but even then, it didn't look like a foul to me. There were times when we looked so disorganised I had no idea what shape we thought we were playing.

Midfield really struggled. I thought Paul Smith looked like the only one comfortable in possession other than McGeady. He (McGeady) obviously has a bit of class but unfortunately Paddy Reading seems the player most able to anticipate it.

Although the service was poor I don't think Rose is the answer. He might turn out to be fine alongside a target man, but leading the line there's not much between him, McKenzie and Bryden.

Defensively we were OK for a while and McGinty tends to be fine when we're under that kind of pressure plus Stranger looks like a bit of a find.

Stranger aside, the other positive for me was Young. He probably hardly knew everyone's names but he got stuck in, showed for the ball and was prepared to have a dig. 

Need to have a long think about our best line up but I think we definitely need a centre forward as we'll struggle to score otherwise.

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Tone was set basically straight away for me, Reading has the ball with nobody around and is going to pass to Armatey who is shadowed but not exactly marked.  Reading switches to his right foot to make the pass and gives it to the Dundee United player.  

Chalmers must be wondering what the f**k he's come back to.  

Unless there's a big big change it'll be down with a whimper as there is zero personality to that team.  

Rose isn't a lone striker. 

McKenzie is neither a winger nor a CAM. 

Musonda is not a midfielder.  

Paddy was back to his very very bad self unfortunately. 

Agreed on the rest, although Rose might be okay himself with actual players behind him to link with. 

Felt a bit sorry for the back 4.  McGinty is always the go to scapegoat, but they had literally nothing in front of them which just invites teams on to you - the pressure will tell eventually.

We absolutely have to sign one more centre midfielder.  Musonda was dreadful and looked like a player who didn’t want to be playing there.   You have to wonder where we are with Pendlebury when he’s considered 4th choice behind that train wreck of a midfield.

As for the attacking 4 of Rose, Amartey, McKenzie and McGeady.  Difficult to articulate how utterly ineffective they were.  No pace, no movement and all playing in different post codes.  Thought McGeady had some nice touches, but at 37 he’s never going to get in behind teams so you’re looking for him to link up the play a bit.  That he didn’t may be as much an indictment of how shockingly bad Rose and McKenzie were.  

Chalmers and Murphy will be an immediate improvement on Amartey and McGeady out wide, but I struggle to see us escaping relegation with our current options up front.  

Morton getting scudded 3 nil at home to Arbroath doesn’t make our own result look any better.

Rose needs to find space, he needs to get involved in the play, he does neither of these things. He’s basically a passenger.

Apart from the tap in against Alloa, he’s not had another shot on goal, for a forward, that is either the team not creating chances or him being in the wrong place all the time. 

Stanger did well, not sure if he was at fault from either goal from a corner. McCallister would run 70 yards out of position before sticking his hands in his pockets and wandering back in to position. McGinty charged out of position and was done a few times. Musonda, I’m not blaming him, we had 2 midfielders on the bench and still played him.

Smith was ok but overran or had to cover McCallister, McGeady, fine.

Amarty, McKenzie and Rose were just absent. 

Easy easy beat in the second half, lost a goal and shat the bed again. 

Shite

32 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I know he trolled us a few weeks back but I hope Pandemonium is alright. Caught the tail end of him being set upon by Dundee Utd neds

😱 

Aye let's please put the Musonda at CDM experiment to bed. Not working at all. Get him at centre half alongside Stanger.

Wouldn't be against trying out Itzdrk's 5-2-3  suggestion. With McCallister serving as 4th choice CB.

Edited by AuAl