The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I'm sure lio messi said the same thing at 12 Yr old when barca moved him to Spain. 

with his mammy, it's no like he was some footballing Harry Potter

5 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

Transfermarkt says he's more of a DM than an attacking midfielder. Not what we need as we need someone who can operate behind the striker and link the play. Said it before but Connor Smith on loan from Hearts would be great

We have several people who can play behind the striker, a defensive midfielder is literally the definition of what we needed. 

We are certainly box office. Never a dull moment at Somerset.

I think its going to be one of those seasons with a lot of churn. Like when Brian Reid used to fall out with half the squad and recruit half a dozen in January.

I do wonder with players like Syla, how are we deciding to bring them in - I’m assuming data wise it’s difficult as you have no idea in terms of a point of reference as it’s youth football. 

Im guessing it’s a recommendation?

Regardless, we really need him to be a starter so risky as you ultimately have no idea until they start trying to play senior games. 

The other worry for me is that he is 23 years old, and will generally have spent the last two years playing against boys much younger and less physically developed than him. Why has he not been on loan… 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

If that’s in any way accurate then I’d be quite happy with him signing. Will be tight trying to get a big move done ahead of Thursdays deadline. 

We'd have to pay a fee for him too and tbf if i was the player at that age in his career i'm not sure if i'd up sticks to come to Scotland for the risk it's no better than where he currently is. 

Trying to look a bit more into Syla, and it seems like he was brought back to Brentford last season as a sort of older head for the younger guys in the 23’s. 

That is very strange - why would he want to do that at his age, unless there was absolutely no interest in him. 

So yeah - even more concerned with this one. 

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The other worry for me is that he is 23 years old, and will generally have spent the last two years playing against boys much younger and less physically developed than him. Why has he not been on loan… 

Because he was never going to be good enough to play for Brentford, he was brought in to help out the B team, be an experienced head and help the younger ones develop. 

https://www.brentfordfc.com/en/news/article/brentford-b-team-roy-syla-making-every-minute-count

Interview with him above, fwiw he played in this game - https://www.brentfordfc.com/en/news/article/brentford-b-team-3-manchester-city-eds-2-match-report

And looked very decent. Morton took a B player on loan a few seasons back and he done well enough (Okansan), he was more highly rated, however the B team is better now that it was then. I think he'll be ok.