The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Is anyone going tonight?

Yeah I’m driving up. f**k knows why but I had actually decided to go just to see Lesser Hampden then found out a couple of weeks ago it’s at big Hampden. 

Nothing else was on offer though so I’m still going. 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

If you can’t be bothered looking into it too far, Google a Celtic cross compared to the red hand of Ulster and see what it comes up with. 

It doesn't matter what the historic meaning behind it is, one is associated with one half of the arse, there other represents the other.  The front of the strip has the whole testimonial spiel, have the bade next to Celtics name there.  It just looks daft and rightly slated on Twitter for it.

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Is anyone going tonight?

Giving it a miss, eldest has booked up tickets in hospitality down in Sunderland on sunday as a belated birthday present for me.

I'll be away all day, so thought it diplomatic to pretend I want to spend time at home with the missus and wee man

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

It doesn't matter what the historic meaning behind it is, one is associated with one half of the arse, there other represents the other.  The front of the strip has the whole testimonial spiel, have the bade next to Celtics name there.  It just looks daft and rightly slated on Twitter for it.

That is a massive oversimplification tbh. People getting upset about a Celtic cross is utterly pathetic and I’m not sure a Celtic badge is going to win those people over. 

We can’t even support our own player on his ten year testimonial, unreal! 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

That is a massive oversimplification tbh. People getting upset about a Celtic cross is utterly pathetic and I’m not sure a Celtic badge is going to win those people over. 

We can’t even support our own player on his ten year testimonial, unreal! 

It's an embarrassing look for the club, especially when they are tweeting about pre ordering it.  Can't wait for You'll Never Walk Alone before the match with the half and half scarves.

18 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Absolutely nothing to do with club , Michael designed the strip himself with O’Neils no club input whatsoever 

All the more amazing. How stupid is he that thinking putting that monstrosity on an Ayr strip would be ok. Did he not stop to think how much money he is going to lose because of it, as I assume the bulk of any sales will go straight into his bank account. Crazy decision that will undoubtedly cost him hundreds of pounds. What an own goal.