The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

12 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Lee Bullen deserves more credit today than the Queen's Park game, he did good research and did not press Airdrie.  Been here before but not dead yet BGM. 

If we ae shit we are shit and if we are good we are good

If we are lucky, we are lucky

There are some amount of weirdos on here who think calling it as it is, is some kind of negative, club bashing for the sake of it ranting. 

The same folk are on here and twitter, only after a win to say things like - Maybe Bullen isn't useless after all hmmmmm Despite being rotten for months like they were always in the know that there is a long game and 4 wins in 5 months was teething problems. 

Odd fuckers. 

17 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Lee Bullen deserves more credit today than the Queen's Park game, he did good research and did not press Airdrie.  Been here before but not dead yet BGM. 

Yeah, fair play to him today - we were organised, played well and stopped Airdrie from playing. 

My own petty complaints about Amartey aside obviously. 

1 minute ago, ComradeDiego said:

We’ll keep 2 out of 3

Ideally the club would make moves for Chalmers now as he’s not happy at United; same for Dowds at thistle tbf.

If Chalmers keeps up the form I can see some team stumping up a fee for him in January, so they will obviously want to cash in. And if Dowds is banging in a goal a game it'd be in Thistles interest to recall him, especially depending on league positions. Not sure the Senga situation or about anyone else.

Second half of the season could potentially really f**k us.

28 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Absolutely, I hope the BGM enjoys his weekend. He's earnt it! 

4 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Brilliant result and 3 points.  Are we allowed to start thinking about mid table again or is it too early?  

Typically mad Championship league again this year - currently 3 points off 4th, and also currently 4 points off bottom.

If we concentrate on building a gap on the bottom two and overtaking Queens Park before they punt their manager first. 

45 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

If Chalmers keeps up the form I can see some team stumping up a fee for him in January, so they will obviously want to cash in. And if Dowds is banging in a goal a game it'd be in Thistles interest to recall him, especially depending on league positions. Not sure the Senga situation or about anyone else.

Second half of the season could potentially really f**k us.

Young is with us till the 1st of January, Senga till the last week of January i recall 

Dowds has zero future at Thistle. Doolan doesn’t rate him and his agent said he wouldn’t be doing much, if any, business with them in the future. If we can match what he’s on at Thistle then I think we could get him permanently. 

Chalmers is harder as we can’t give him what he’s currently on but hopefully we can keep him until the summer anyway. 

What a player Chalmers is. We've got to do all we can to keep him. Dowds was excellent today too, a focal point for attack, strong and what a finish. Nice to see a set play they've actually worked on coming off.

Senga looked good, big athletic and put in some good tackles as well as driving forward to set up the first goal.

Got to say McAllister was posted missing a good few times and we were lucky not to be punished but overall he done well.

McGinty is still a bombscare. When the balls on the deck he's a disaster and was the only player looking to hoof it today. Its got to be Musonda and Stanger in future.

McKenzie can't be a starter. He's simply not good enough.

Overall a decent 3 points against that horrible lot has enhanced my Saturday night.

Bullens not off the hook in the slightest btw 🤣

15 hours ago, Scott-ish said:

What a player Chalmers is. We've got to do all we can to keep him. Dowds was excellent today too, a focal point for attack, strong and what a finish. Nice to see a set play they've actually worked on coming off.

Senga looked good, big athletic and put in some good tackles as well as driving forward to set up the first goal.

Got to say McAllister was posted missing a good few times and we were lucky not to be punished but overall he done well.

McGinty is still a bombscare. When the balls on the deck he's a disaster and was the only player looking to hoof it today. Its got to be Musonda and Stanger in future.

McKenzie can't be a starter. He's simply not good enough.

Overall a decent 3 points against that horrible lot has enhanced my Saturday night.

Bullens not off the hook in the slightest btw 🤣

Not off the hook at all but if people are prepared to slag him then they also have to give him kudos when he gets it right. 

I criticised our approach last week of trying to aggressively press a very good Raith side and we were punished for it. If you sit off teams that like to play with the ball then they don’t have the space to play and run out of ideas. 

Edited by D'Jaffo

24 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Not off the hook at all but if people are prepared to slag him then they also have to give him kudos when he gets it right. 

Yeah, we got it right today and are definitely a better team when we keep it on the deck. We played some decent stuff.

He needs to be brave enough to drop McGinty and McKenzie though.

I want Bullen to succeed because I want Ayr to succeed. He's got a hell of a lot to prove though.

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

Chalmers played 15 minutes for Dundee United in the league cup, so would that rule out another team coming in for him as he’s played competitively for 2 clubs this season? 

Yup. Dowds has played for Thistle as well so is in the same boat. 

Edit: Just checked and Senga has also played for Reading in the EFL Cup so unless the rules are slightly different with English teams he can’t play for anyone else besides Reading or ourselves. 

Edited by D'Jaffo

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yup. Dowds has played for Thistle as well so is in the same boat. 

Edit: Just checked and Senga has also played for Reading in the EFL Cup so unless the rules are slightly different with English teams he can’t play for anyone else besides Reading or ourselves. 

They are the same I’m sure, Remember Morton and Tidser, that was the other way but it still counted.

The loan could be extended, maybe best for both parties to have an initial loan to make sure the player settles and both teams are happy with it, if Senga or Young aren’t going to play first team football and are happy to come back, I don’t see much standing in the way.