The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

There’s been improvement of late, but we are still chronically short of firepower up front.  Dowds is a decent Championship level striker but no more.  McKenzie is just dugmeat, pure and simple.  And yet the alternatives are somehow even worse.  I hope Rose is only on a one year contract - ideally he’ll be mutually consented in January.  Amartey too if he’s not going to be given a chance.

I feel more confident about avoiding relegation than a month ago, but it’s going to be a trudge and a half.

Disappointing today but despite that we’re still 6th and a point off the play off places (although no other team has lost more leagues games than us so far). Partick haven’t been great the last few games by all accounts and the fact that it’s away given our recent performances we shouldn’t go there fearing them.  Dowds will be a big loss on Tuesday but I’d go 451 and bring in young to the midfield and give either Fraser or Amarety (won’t happen) a shot up front. 

Bullen needs to get Amartey involved, it's a joke that he's behind McKenzie and Rose. 

Just had a look, it's the third poorest home record behind St Johnstone and Forfar. Grim. 

Edited by Shibuya

We went 4-4-2 up against a 3-5-2 and got outnumbered in attack and midfield in the first half. We didn’t change this at all and were lucky to go into HT at 0-0. In the 2nd half we looked a bit better going forward but still looked all at sea when Morton came at us. We deservedly concede a goal with 3 minutes to play and the manager does nothing. We have a striker on the bench with pace and strength and we’re up against a tired defence. Bullen doesn’t bring him on and instead slunk back into the dugout looking defeated.

He will absolutely say post match that we were unlucky, but that was 100% on him today.

Just now, Nelson said:

Might be being harsh, but I thought Albinson was really poor at the goal.

There's just no way they should be getting the first header on a basic cross at a set piece.

1 minute ago, Iain said:

There's just no way they should be getting the first header on a basic cross at a set piece.

Think it was Stanger, who got wrong side, but an in swinging cross like that is one for the keeper to come for.  

16 minutes ago, Nelson said:

There’s been improvement of late, but we are still chronically short of firepower up front.  Dowds is a decent Championship level striker but no more.  McKenzie is just dugmeat, pure and simple.  And yet the alternatives are somehow even worse.  I hope Rose is only on a one year contract - ideally he’ll be mutually consented in January.  Amartey too if he’s not going to be given a chance.

I feel more confident about avoiding relegation than a month ago, but it’s going to be a trudge and a half.

No Dowds on Tuesday night either…

10 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Might be being harsh, but I thought Albinson was really poor at the goal.

Can't see anything from the SRE up that end so can't comment but he did have two terrific pieces of goalkeeping in the first half to keep us in it. 

An all timer woeful refereeing performance - actually got to the funny stage. 

Despite that we didn’t do nearly enough to win the game. 

The Amartey situation is just ridiculous, at worst he should have been the first sub off the bench today.  

Rose was terrible when he came on, and although Ahui looked okay at times he also looked well out of his depth at others. 

On the positives, Syla is starting to look like an excellent player. 

23 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

An all timer woeful refereeing performance - actually got to the funny stage. 

Despite that we didn’t do nearly enough to win the game. 

The Amartey situation is just ridiculous, at worst he should have been the first sub off the bench today.  

Rose was terrible when he came on, and although Ahui looked okay at times he also looked well out of his depth at others. 

On the positives, Syla is starting to look like an excellent player. 

Absolute stonewall penalty missed.  Defender literally punched the ball!

Why are clubs at this level so consistently bad at squad building? We are pretty much relying on a guy on loan from another club in our division as our only creative outlet.

Been a long time McGinty hater but thought he was the only consistent player over the 90. Syla and Senga give you about 1 positive pass out of 5 and we seemed to forget we had a left hand side all game. I can only assume McKenzie produced a Bellingham-esque performance last week after reading the praise for him. The sentimental pish that follows him and others around really holds us back.

The less said about Rose the better. Incredibly bad.