The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah - the guy has a fucking brain tumour and we can’t even give him a nice moment with the fans at HT. 

Not even taking into account that he scored one of the most memorable goals I’ve seen for us. 

He's got a page in the programme today so it's not as if they haven't known about him being there, I can only hope it was at Eddie's request not to be on at half time, if not, then words fail me. 

8 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Maybe he has been put under pressure by mathie and smith? 

Would be a bit of a bizarre time to put pressure on him considering we're in a better place now i'd say than we were a month ago after Falkirk game for example where Bullen didn't seem pressured at all and just kept saying about midfield injuries.

Unless Smith and Mathie now saying midfield have had more than enough time to gel so things should be remarkably improved...

3 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Would be a bit of a bizarre time to put pressure on him considering we're in a better place now i'd say than we were a month ago after Falkirk game for example where Bullen didn't seem pressured at all and just kept saying about midfield injuries.

Unless Smith and Mathie now saying midfield have had more than enough time to gel so things should be remarkably improved...

It's more likely that he's under pressure from the dressing room. They are surely even more acutely aware than the fans that he barely has a clue what is going on.

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

In the posts further up, from the VOR Twitter. 

Of course he does, but he actually actively excuses himself from wrongdoing - which is the best part. 

I hate this catastrophically bald man 

14 minutes ago, Thumper said:

It's more likely that he's under pressure from the dressing room. They are surely even more acutely aware than the fans that he barely has a clue what is going on.

Yeah - there is no chance the likes of McGeady won’t be amazed by those post match comments. 

I remember when he was on Open Goal and spoke about certain managers spending five minutes on set pieces at the end of training, and then using that to absolve them of any responsibility if one is then conceded from. 

Bullen constantly strikes me as exactly that type of manager. I’ve lost count how many times he has blamed the players for set pieces. There is very rarely any form of self reflection. 

17 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

McCall out of the running for the St Johnstone job so there's still a chance...

BRING HIM HOME

Every day I endure BGM I am pushed closer to welcoming the return of Uncle Ian.

Although I am a firm believer in never going back.

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Maybe he has failed to hit a target he was given. I think it's 8 points since the start of October.

He certainly had quite an OOT reaction to the person in the stand who took him to task about his substitutions.

6 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Also of a side note, does anyone know how much of a salad dodger Akheem Rose is, the man can barely move when he's on the pitch. He doesn't look remotely like an athlete.

He is ridiculously slow. 

He was okay ish today, and did four or five decent things. I mean he still shouldn’t have been starting but he wasn’t unbelievably shit so that’s progress I guess. 

IMO, he should be third in line for that supporting striker style role behind Dowds. 

Aye that’s Bullen done for me. Fair enough we’re pretty effective away from home but he has zero idea how to set us up to attack a game at Somerset. Last season we were able to play incredibly direct as we had a focal point with Dipo. We don’t have that this season but what we do have in Chalmers and Murphy isn’t being utilised enough for me. 

I do think this will be his last season, whether he sees it out is the question for me. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

He is ridiculously slow. 

He was okay ish today, and did four or five decent things. I mean he still shouldn’t have been starting but he wasn’t unbelievably shit so that’s progress I guess. 

IMO, he should be third in line for that supporting striker style role behind Dowds. 

I saw him today and it's the first time when I thought that his weight looked like he was holding him back. He looks like Paul Cairney/Harkins level of out of shape.

15 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I saw him today and it's the first time when I thought that his weight looked like he was holding him back. He looks like Paul Cairney/Harkins level of out of shape.

I’ve never actually really noticed that, just thought he was slow and lethargic but never paid too much attention. 

I don’t think there is anything that he is better than Amartey at, so it continues to be utterly bizarre how many chances he gets. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

I’ve never actually really noticed that, just thought he was slow and lethargic but never paid too much attention. 

I don’t think there is anything that he is better than Amartey at, so it continues to be utterly bizarre how many chances he gets. 

He's better at training, duuuuuh. 

Just watched the interview, he's rightly raging at the final goal but I'm not sure calling out the subs is what they will want to hear. 

4 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

He's better at training, duuuuuh. 

Just watched the interview, he's rightly raging at the final goal but I'm not sure calling out the subs is what they will want to hear. 

I truly hope one of them tells him to get fucked, as it would be entirely deserved. Blaming young boys for him being a fucking idiot.