The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

He's better at training, duuuuuh. 

Just watched the interview, he's rightly raging at the final goal but I'm not sure calling out the subs is what they will want to hear. 

I truly hope one of them tells him to get fucked, as it would be entirely deserved. Blaming young boys for him being a fucking idiot. 

Next two league games are away to Inverness and home to Abroath with a bananna skin away trip to high flying Peterhead who last lost a league game in August in the Scottish Cup sandwitched inbetween

November is going to be an interesting month....

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

He is ridiculously slow. 

He was okay ish today, and did four or five decent things. I mean he still shouldn’t have been starting but he wasn’t unbelievably shit so that’s progress I guess. 

IMO, he should be third in line for that supporting striker style role behind Dowds. 

He's a disgrace of a striker.  Swap him for Robbie fucking Muirhead and we would be comfortably pushing for the top 4 

6 home games in a row without a win including that embarrassing collapse today should be enough surely.  Sadly won't even be close - Got to hope Morton sack Imrie because other than the guaranteed 6 points off Ayr if they keep him cos Bullen is shit feart of him I don't see them getting much more 

Edited by Hursty

10 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Would be a bit of a bizarre time to put pressure on him considering we're in a better place now i'd say than we were a month ago after Falkirk game for example where Bullen didn't seem pressured at all and just kept saying about midfield injuries.

Unless Smith and Mathie now saying midfield have had more than enough time to gel so things should be remarkably improved...

The situation has improved for Bullen in a few areas but the elephant in the room is the standard of football and ability to compete at home. You can't really hide from this as less people will make the effort and it will hit turnover. This as t a time when cash is tight and paying for a new stand. I would certainly say he's been told to sort this out 

7 hours ago, Hursty said:

6 home games in a row without a win including that embarrassing collapse today should be enough surely.  Sadly won't even be close -

Your bang on here Bullen ain’t going anywhere at this point . Was given a mid table budget , Smiths words , lo and behold we find ourselfs nearly a third of the way through the season and we are in mid table .  

14 hours ago, Nelson said:

That 2nd half sums up why we need to move on from Bullen.  5 substitutions and we just got progressively worse.  Chaotic, disjointed, throw mud at the wall and see what sticks approach to management.  Bullen has an absolute cheek blaming the players.  How did we end up with Bryden up front by himself?  We basically had no goal threat for the last 20 minutes of the game which just invited them on to us.  

We’ll be very lucky to avoid relegation.

We have almost half the points needed to avoid relegation with a third of the season gone. This has come off the back of a difficult start where we looked sunk. Relegation still a possibility but much less of a certainty than before 

8 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Your bang on here Bullen ain’t going anywhere at this point . Was given a mid table budget , Smiths words , lo and behold we find ourselfs nearly a third of the way through the season and we are in mid table .  

We’re not midtable.  Inverness are 5 points behind us with 2 games in hand.  Arbroath also have 2 games in hand and Morton one.  If we lose next week, which we surely will (it’s Inverness), things will really have tightened up.  

4 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

We have almost half the points needed to avoid relegation with a third of the season gone. This has come off the back of a difficult start where we looked sunk. Relegation still a possibility but much less of a certainty than before 

We’ll need a minimum of 35 points to finish 8th, so saying we’re almost half way to that total is a positive spin on things.  Taking 1 point from 2 home games against teams that probably/certainly need to finish below us isn’t encouraging.  From what I’ve seen, Airdrie are the only other team I’d back to finish below us.  Certainly 1 home win all season by the first week in December is relegation form.  

7 minutes ago, Nelson said:

We’re not midtable.  Inverness are 5 points behind us with 2 games in hand.  Arbroath also have 2 games in hand and Morton one.  If we lose next week, which we surely will (it’s Inverness), things will really have tightened up.

We’re sitting in 5th mate , the rest is ifs and buts . However don’t let the actual league table stand in the way of a bit of blind panic .  I’ll do an if then , if we had came back from 2-0 yesterday then the mood on here would have been entirely different. While yesterday was hugely disappointing at the end , the silver lining is that we pulled away from Morton and Arbroath , all be it by a point .

the next three games will be interesting as you say , 3/4 points and progressing in the cup would represent a good November , anything south of that, particularly a cup exit would pile pressure on us . 

Just now, railwayend said:

We’re sitting in 5th mate , the rest is ifs and buts . However don’t let the actual league table stand in the way of a bit of blind panic .  I’ll do an if then , if we had came back from 2-0 yesterday then the mood on here would have been entirely different. While yesterday was hugely disappointing at the end , the silver lining is that we pulled away from Morton and Arbroath , all be it by a point .

the next three games will be interesting as you say , 3/4 points and progressing in the cup would represent a good November , anything south of that, particularly a cup exit would pile pressure on us . 

You’re confusing league position with actual points.  Not sure why the games played are so out of sync, but Dunfermline also have 2 games in hand on us.

I can only hope that the club isn’t deluding itself about where we are.  Bullen’s post match interview suggests he gets it, but doesn't know what to do about it.

5 minutes ago, Nelson said:

I can only hope that the club isn’t deluding itself about where we are.  Bullen’s post match interview suggests he gets it, but doesn't know what to do about it.

I think he will now know for sure certain players are too much of a downgrade on the standard required to challenge and might try and rectify a bit of it in January . If one or two go out on loan for the last six months of their contracts then so be it . There will be other Anton Dowds out there out of favour and ready to move .