The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Well with the exception of Clarke being a successful manager.

We lost 3 in a row after losing key players, his answer to fixing things was to play players that have been part of the squad before that have been, at best, fine. 

Bringing on Dykes and Christie tonight. Why? What is Clarke going to learn from them. 

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

We lost 3 in a row after losing key players, his answer to fixing things was to play players that have been part of the squad before that have been, at best, fine. 

Bringing on Dykes and Christie tonight. Why? What is Clarke going to learn from them. 

Being charitable, I reckon he knows who is Adams replacement is (Shankland), but not who his dykes replacement is. But again, his thinking is clear as mud here. 

12 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Well with the exception of Clarke being a successful manager.

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Refusing to play better players who are sitting on the bench than what's on the pitch...

*cough* Amartay

Clarke has done more than enough to be able to pick whatever team he wants and that probably won’t include Shankland. He should be in the squad for the tournament but I’m not convinced he’s more suited to how we play than Dykes is. Adams and Brown I couldn’t really care less about as neither of them are lone strikers. 

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Clarke has done more than enough to be able to pick whatever team he wants and that probably won’t include Shankland. He should be in the squad for the tournament but I’m not convinced he’s more suited to how we play than Dykes is. Adams and Brown I couldn’t really care less about as neither of them are lone strikers. 

Yes and no, Clarke has been undoubtedly a huge success but he has cost us games through mad selections. The Czech game in the last Euros for one. I thought he’d got that out his system recently but obviously not. A few bad results had him hitting the Bullen randomiser again. 

I'm very much on the 'Play Shankland' side of the argument. Brown looked absolutely piss and you could guarantee that Shankland would have put that sitter away.

My main criticism is that Zander Clark is absolute Pants and shouldn't be anywhere near the international team.

8 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I'm very much on the 'Play Shankland' side of the argument. Brown looked absolutely piss and you could guarantee that Shankland would have put that sitter away.

My main criticism is that Zander Clark is absolute Pants and shouldn't be anywhere near the international team.

I think he just played himself down to 4th or 5th choice tonight.

6 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I think he just played himself down to 4th or 5th choice tonight.

Honestly, would have rather have had a card board cut out of John Hillcoat in nets for Scotland tonight (which would have been more successful than the actual person playing I believe.)