The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

30 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Usually go across to see my team in Fife but watched the game from a neutral perspective due to awful weather.

1) size of Dundee Utd as a club is impressive - 7000 fans in a dreadful day.

2) really surprised how slow and. Bad Dundee Utd are, scarily  Rovers might win the league .

3) Middleton a different class- humiliated the FB’s

4) Thought Dundee Utd Forwards really poor.

5) Re Ayr - wow - should have been 3 nil down at half time . Whist CB’s good both FB’s really bad.

Midfield , other than no 8, awful . That poor boy Syla was hopeless re pace, energy - embarrising how off the pace he was- hopefully boy was injured And can recover.

Dowds miles ahead of any of the other forwards- bizzare Bryden stayed on beyond him- he is young, can’t control the ball,never looks up and make the pass always late…... 

Ayr looks like they are in trouble - they will be in further trouble if they take off their best forward with 20 to go

6) Rovers will win the league and I will lock myself in a dark room for a year🤷‍♂️

Always interesting hearing someone else’s viewpoint.

It isn’t the first time Bullen has substituted Dowds - the last time we absolutely capitulated. Not that we were offering a great deal with Dowds on the park either, but that reduced to zero without him. 

Bryden can finish, but is pretty terrible at everything else. 

It is very hard to understand Bullen’s thinking!

2 hours ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Has to be or things get toxic. Sorry, more toxic.

It was toxic af when we lost to Falkirk in the mickey mouse cup back in September with Bullen gtf all over the place.

However at that point there was the hangover from the play offs plus the added factor of fans giving a shit.

Now we've ground out a further few months down the line i don't think anyone cares enough now lol

3 hours ago, ComradeDiego said:

Defeat on Saturday and BGM is toast

He needs catapulted into the fucking sea either way. Grim football. I'm sick of it.

Edit - If he limps on it just prolongs the inevitable. It's the end of the road for Bully.

Edited by Trogdor

3 hours ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Yep. And in this crazy league we can be anywhere from 5th to (more likely) bottom on Saturday night.

Its only crazy when results are against form and teams go on runs that lift them out the shit. 

It's not crazy when you don't win and drop like a stone and other teams overtake you because you are shite. 

Looking ahead to January we play the entire bottom 4 and a huge cup game. I feel like we say it every year but its vital we come out the blocks with a bit of business at the beginning of the month. If we come out of January looking like shit then that’s when my arse will start twitching.

Bullen 100% should not gave made it past his wee singsong in the hub after the partick playoff game. As time goes on it shows more and more. I have never seen p&b be more apathetic and there was more talk on the Ayr page when Scotland were playing than now.

i said months ago I won’t put a penny into the club till he’s gone and I haven’t. I can’t be the only one 

30 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Bullen 100% should not gave made it past his wee singsong in the hub after the partick playoff game. As time goes on it shows more and more. I have never seen p&b be more apathetic and there was more talk on the Ayr page when Scotland were playing than now. 

He should not have survived that pathetic, spineless, cowardly capitulation in the playoffs - 2nd placed league finish or not. Genuinely one of the worst Ayr performances I have ever seen. A complete humiliation on live TV.

Edited by Richey Edwards

9 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Think that’s wishful thinking. 

Yeah i don't get this chat around change if a defeat happens at the weekend. Short memories as we were in this position earlier in the season, it then got worse but no action was taken. As others have said before unless we get cut adrift at the bottom i wouldn't expect a tough decision to be made. Looking at the way the league is panning out it might be a few weeks before that were to happen. It's a year of transition off the park and it suits the board fine to have Bullen as long as we stay in the league. Other options include sourcing some players in January to make sure that happens

There's absolutely no momentum towards a change in management at this time. I would be amazed if a decision to fire Bullen was made before the end of January, despite it obviously being better if a new manager has a transfer window to reshape the squad in. Though maybe that's the point.

5 minutes ago, Iain said:

There's absolutely no momentum towards a change in management at this time. I would be amazed if a decision to fire Bullen was made before the end of January, despite it obviously being better if a new manager has a transfer window to reshape the squad in. Though maybe that's the point.

No, but we are getting sucked into the relegation mire. Something needs done before it is too late. We are 8th and sinking.

If we lose on Saturday, fire him and give someone else the January window.

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

He should not have survived that pathetic, spineless, cowardly capitulation in the playoffs - 2nd placed league finish or not. Genuinely one of the worst Ayr performances I have ever seen. A complete humiliation on live TV.

First time in 35 years as an Ayr fan I've left a game before half time.

That sing along in the hub is definately the most embarrassed I've felt as a supporter. Absolutely tone-deaf, cringey shameful pish. Playing up to a wee band of zealots half-wits.

That's the night it went from knowing he needed to go to absolutely despising the guy.

No apologies to anyone who,was there that night in the Hub. It was unforgivable.

I think more than anything, the attendance on Saturday is going to be an eye opener for Mathie and the board.  Sub 1400 I reckon.  I have a ST and not even bothering, be lucky to give my ticket away.  I have not enjoyed a single home game this season and just lost all interest really, missing the Dunfermline game anyway through something else, so my next game would be ICT on the 6th, so unless things have improved/changed, we'll see if I have gathered interest again.

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I think more than anything, the attendance on Saturday is going to be an eye opener for Mathie and the board.  Sub 1400 I reckon.  I have a ST and not even bothering, be lucky to give my ticket away.  I have not enjoyed a single home game this season and just lost all interest really, missing the Dunfermline game anyway through something else, so my next game would be ICT on the 6th, so unless things have improved/changed, we'll see if I have gathered interest again.

Last home game I attended that we won wasn't even at Somerset.

9 hours ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Looking ahead to January we play the entire bottom 4 and a huge cup game. I feel like we say it every year but its vital we come out the blocks with a bit of business at the beginning of the month. If we come out of January looking like shit then that’s when my arse will start twitching.

Absolutely zero chance of us making signings early in January. Queens Park away on 27th January at absolute best. 

1 hour ago, AyrExile said:

Yeah i don't get this chat around change if a defeat happens at the weekend. Short memories as we were in this position earlier in the season, it then got worse but no action was taken. As others have said before unless we get cut adrift at the bottom i wouldn't expect a tough decision to be made. Looking at the way the league is panning out it might be a few weeks before that were to happen. It's a year of transition off the park and it suits the board fine to have Bullen as long as we stay in the league. Other options include sourcing some players in January to make sure that happens

Yeah, there’s no chance he leaves with a defeat at the weekend. 

Strangely - I think we’ll actually get something this weekend. If we don’t - it just confirms we are in full on collapse mode again.