The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, Hursty said:

I'm sure when Steven Bell signed for us from Stranraer he even said in his signing interview that only having to travel from Glasgow to Ayr rather than Glasgow to Stranraer was a massive factor in it.   So it definitely does play into the thinking at times.   

BELL IS GONNAE GET YE

3 hours ago, Hursty said:

I'm sure when Steven Bell signed for us from Stranraer he even said in his signing interview that only having to travel from Glasgow to Ayr rather than Glasgow to Stranraer was a massive factor in it.   So it definitely does play into the thinking at times.   

This is obviously true the lower down the rungs you go. But full-time professional players routinely sign for teams on the opposite side of the country. It's only Ayr fans for some reason who cling to this belief that professional football players live in absolute mortal fear of switching postcodes.

The reason Raith Rovers signed lots of Ayr targets last season is that players looked at the balance of probabilities and decided that Raith Rovers were probably going to be a better team to play for than Ayr United. And they've been absolutely vindicated in that decision.

1 hour ago, Hawk89 said:

Their faces match mine with the sound quality, sounds like the mic is turned up way too high. 

It's a bit much to expect that a media team which has had the same press conference format every single week for several years would be able to adjust an equaliser by now, don't you think?

Edited by Thumper

12 hours ago, railwayend said:

Luck ? Anybody remember us signing a lost boy centre forward fresh from a poor loan spell at Morton. His last shot at pro football they said . He bought a ball and did his pre season in the local park he said . Fast forward a few seasons and he scoring in the navy blue of Scotland. It does happen , sometimes things just click and away you go . 
Happened in the late 80’s when Ally thought he try moving a recently signed midfielder from Airdrie up top , God bless Johnny Sludden . I do agree though luck alone won’t do it but this Ayr team has had zero luck recently all the way back to that penalty from the penalty king at New Brockville . Maybe Bullen has nae luck ! Tic toc 

Shankland - the movie to be commissioned just as soon as he scores the last minute winner against England in the Euros final in Germany

Sake.

I mind THAT game years ago, the Airdrie mob were being led out Try field place and some seriously rough looking boys broke away and came over.

I hadn't recognised them, but Kaisayr had played them a few weeks before and they were just saying hello. Police just stood there like wtf