The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

On 20/12/2023 at 15:26, D'Jaffo said:

I’d like us to get another forward thinking midfielder in. Ideally someone who can play off of Dowds. 

*coughs in Cammy Ballantyne*

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Different cultures etc……donate the go fund me to stonewall and f**k his trip over. 

To be fair to him, they torture homosexuals in Zambia, He'll be seen as some sort of lefty, moderate snowflake if he is only "carefully homophobic" 

The club can "carefully" back away from him. 

Edited by diegomarahenry

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

*coughs in Cammy Ballantyne*

The one who’s had several spells at Montrose? 

I’d take anyone so long as they have a bit of speed, mobility and can chip in with a few goals. Watching Aiden McGeady play as a ten last week wasn’t as bad as I expected as you can tell what he’s trying to do but his body can’t keep up. Had a few nice passes and feints but ultimately he’s not up to it anymore. 

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The one who’s had several spells at Montrose? 

Aye, hes almost definitely free to leave us and I've no idea where he'll end up. I'd hope he gets a Championship move.

Not the prettiest on the ball and I wouldn't call him quick tbh, but he works like a dog and seems to have that knack of timing runs into the box.

We've yet again got a "for sale!" list in this window I think, so take your pick.

Dare Olufunwa, James Brown, Callum Booth, Cammy Ballantyne, Ali Crawford, Stevie May, Luke Jephcott all seem like very possible departures if we can sign replacements first.

Edited by RandomGuy.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, hes almost definitely free to leave us and I've no idea where he'll end up. I'd hope he gets a Championship move.

Not the prettiest on the ball and I wouldn't call him quick tbh, but he works like a dog and seems to have that knack of timing runs into the box.

We've yet again got a "for sale!" list in this window I think, so take your pick.

Dare Olufunwa, James Brown, Callum Booth, Cammy Ballantyne, Ali Crawford, Stevie May, Luke Jephcott all seem like very possible departures if we can sign replacements first.

Personally had been hoping McGowan might’ve been free to move on as was suggested in the summer but seems as though he’s got himself back in team considering there’s been no mention of him leaving. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Personally had been hoping McGowan might’ve been free to move on as was suggested in the summer but seems as though he’s got himself back in team considering there’s been no mention of him leaving. 

As soon as MacLean got punted he was straight back in, and our defence has looked far better for it. He was dropped last night to keep him fit for the more important games coming up, which kind of highlights how highly Levein rates him. 

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

As soon as MacLean got punted he was straight back in, and our defence has looked far better for it. He was dropped last night to keep him fit for the more important games coming up, which kind of highlights how highly Levein rates him. 

Levein isn’t daft. Experienced players that still have enough legs about them are crucial in a relegation battle. 

I’d be hoping we can add a bit of experience in January as we really only have Jamie Murphy and Aiden McGeady as the seasoned pros although Anton Dowds has plenty of experience at this level as does Logan Chalmers. 

2 hours ago, Iain said:

In case anyone is interested in Jamie Murphy's thoughts on 'life at

Oft Jamie speaks well indeed. . Can definitely do front of house with regards to the press . The plot thickens. 

I wonder if he is still in contact with any of the Saints players listed by Random Guy !?