The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Just have to accept this is where we'll be for the season. Loitering about mid table being inconsistent. I can't see us improving any great length, and hopefully we don't get any worse. 

At least the games are a bit more entertaining as of late,whatever the outcome. 

Think that’s a pretty fair summary. Finish mid-table this season and get the ground infrastructure all done, hopefully re-build a stronger squad for next season. 🤞

53 minutes ago, Rossco500 said:

Surely the recruitment from a club like ayr, the first thing you to is get the best out of contract players from The league below i.e stanger. Then see who in Scotland wasn’t offered a new contract i.e Jacubiak/Wotherspoon etc and then go from there. See what the old firm have loan wise, then head down south for all these random players we pick up.

Is that not what we did?

Stanger and Mutch from below.

McGeady, Murphy and came back for Chalmers (albeit a loan).  

English punts following on.  

As with every club in every window we also tried to get more than what we ended up with.  E.g. Ruari Paton. 

28 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Really should have won that. Pars second half performance was woeful. Although not as bad as our first half. 

Underwhelming again at home.

Another 2 points dropped.

Murphy changed the game when he came on, much more effective than McGeady.

I guess we did play better in the 2nd half, especially Amartey. I also think keeping Young is as important as keeping Chalmers to be honest. He puts in a power of work and was my motm today.

That just wasn’t good enough, we didn’t deserve a point given the chances Dunfermline missed. 

A Hall of Shame first half, followed by an improved twenty to thirty minutes. Even at that I can’t recall an actual save from their keeper. 

Inexplicably we then shat it, sat in and presented Dunfermline with chances again. Utterly pathetic, and I’m absolutely sick of the passive nature of Bullen sides the vast majority of the time. 

Jack Young was excellent in the second half. 

Edited by No_Problemo

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

That just wasn’t good enough, we didn’t deserve a point given the chances Dunfermline missed. 

A Hall of Shame first half, followed by an improved twenty to thirty minutes. Even at that I can’t recall an actual save from their keeper. 

Inexplicably we then shat it, sat in and presented Dunfermline with chances again. Utterly pathetic, and I’m absolute sick of the passive nature of Bullen sides the vast majority of the time. 

Jack Young was excellent in the second half. 

We just didn't look motivated 1st half. They just ran at us unchallenged and when we got the ball we gave it away. It's good to have Dempsey back but I felt he didn't contribute much first and he's clearly not fully fit. Paul Smith should have come on at half time imo.

Dowds was very good again.

The gilet hangs on another week.

9 minutes ago, Highland Exile said:

Think that’s a pretty fair summary. Finish mid-table this season and get the ground infrastructure all done, hopefully re-build a stronger squad for next season. 🤞

We were second last year with Dipo polishing a lot of the rest of the evident turd.  Albinson was playing well also.

We could shift 8 of this squad in January and bring in 8 more and not skip a beat currently. 

We need to get to a window with 8-10 un-droppable players because they are good, not because the rest are shite and we seem a million miles from that. 

54 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Just have to accept this is where we'll be for the season. Loitering about mid table being inconsistent. I can't see us improving any great length, and hopefully we don't get any worse. 

At least the games are a bit more entertaining as of late,whatever the outcome. 

We’re not really mid-table though.  Queens Park look to be in a bit of a tailspin which will hopefully continue, but on the best analysis, we’re in a battle with 6 other teams to avoid finishing 9th, a position we’re currently 2 points above.  Like the Airdrie game, the Inverness game feels like another must win.  And that assumes Queens Park can’t turn things around.

6 minutes ago, Nelson said:

We’re not really mid-table though.  Queens Park look to be in a bit of a tailspin which will hopefully continue, but on the best analysis, we’re in a battle with 6 other teams to avoid finishing 9th, a position we’re currently 2 points above.  Like the Airdrie game, the Inverness game feels like another must win.  And that assumes Queens Park can’t turn things around.

Inverness have won 1 in 7 in the league so it looks like the Ferguson bounce is long gone, hopefully they dont have much to spend in January because they seem to have gone backwards and don't create very much.  

Just now, itzdrk said:

Inverness have won 1 in 7 in the league so it looks like the Ferguson bounce is long gone, hopefully they dont have much to spend in January because they seem to have gone backwards and don't create very much.  

There’s very little between ourselves, Airdrie, Arbroath, Inverness, Morton and Dunfermline.  Which is to say we’re all pretty pish.  You really wouldn’t want to predict who’ll be 9th when the music stops.  And for all that Queen’s Park look like a basket case of a club, a couple of decent signings in January could still give them a bounce.

I can’t help thinking that I watched a first half performance against Kilmarnock just under 2 years ago that was poor, bordering on incompetent.  Watching us in the first half today, you have to ask what progress has actually been made.  And we can’t even blame McGinty anymore…

1 minute ago, yorkshirepud said:

Frankie Musonda has apparently made Zambia's 27 man AFCON squad who will apparently meet up on Monday. Hope he has negotiated a 48 hour grace period or we are stuffed at centre back on Tuesday. 

Based on his performance today, we’re stuffed either way.

What was the general atmosphere like today? Obviously a shite cold day so can account for that.

If they’re taking applications for centre backs on Tuesday I’ll get my boots back on purely to put Muirhead, Crawford, Oakley, Power, Baird or Broadfoot directly into the Cooshed.

1 minute ago, AyrAtlanta said:

What was the general atmosphere like today? Obviously a shite cold day so can account for that.

If they’re taking applications for centre backs on Tuesday I’ll get my boots back on purely to put Muirhead, Crawford, Oakley, Power, Baird or Broadfoot directly into the Cooshed.

Atmosphere wasn't great after the first goal and worse after the second. Almost like some people were waiting for us to concede so they could let loose.

Atmosphere was shite. Little bit of booing and any negativity towards manager/ players met with the usual defensive pish from the SRE. When theres nothing to lift the crowd and any stick given to the team is clearly not permitted, it just means it's totally flat.

I'm not sure I watch the same game as most other folk most of the time.

6 minutes ago, yorkshirepud said:

Atmosphere wasn't great after the first goal and worse after the second. Almost like some people were waiting for us to concede so they could let loose.

Didn't have to wait long

Oakley and Muirhead are going to absolutely bully Musonda and Stanger on Tuesday. Our entire defence in that first half (and goalie) were shocking. Ahui and Reading rallied and managed to do well towards the end of the first half but we really missed McGintys no nonsense style. 

Mutch insistence on playing goal kicks short to Stanger and Musonda must’ve come from the coaches and if his willingness to do that is what has him in the team of Albinson then it’s ridiculous.