The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Dont mind a wee bit of a project/experiment if we have some leeway, but right now we are hanging on to championship status with our fingertips!!

Three points tomorrow will help attract better candidates IMO.

1 hour ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

McBookie at their best.

10 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Ayr United have appointed countless managers who were fresh faced and up and coming - the majority end in failure. What have Brown and the like achieved as managers that makes them so appetising? 

As for Bowyer, I'm certain he isn't coming. 

Boyer is shooty-in 5 days later, he’s not been announced. So it’s not him I’d guess.

Either we are still looking or it’s McCall and they waiting until after tonight to announce him. 

I’m 100% sure we are still looking 

I don’t see us being able to attract anyone of note/semi decent if we aren’t allowing them to sign their own players as the rumours suggest. May as well relegate us now 

McCall is never coming in under those circumstances 

Edited by ryanayr1987

5 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I don’t see us being able to attract anyone of note/semi decent if we aren’t allowing them to sign their own players as the rumours suggest. May as well relegate us now 

McCall is never coming in under those circumstances 

I'm not sure I believe the rumours about not being able to bring their own backroom team or have final say on transfers. That simply can't be the case.

As you say we won't be able to attract anyone (other than a rookie former player or a coach wanting their crack at the top job). 

Any managers with experience (Bowyer, McCall etc) will want to control signing players something that I just don’t see happening with Mathie and Glendinning around Bullen at the end of the day was a first team coach and that’s exactly what we are probably trying to get Scott Brown might honestly be the best option par that your probably looking at a Darren O’Dea esq type 

3 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Any managers with experience (Bowyer, McCall etc) will want to control signing players something that I just don’t see happening with Mathie and Glendinning around Bullen at the end of the day was a first team coach and that’s exactly what we are probably trying to get Scott Brown might honestly be the best option par that your probably looking at a Darren O’Dea esq type 

I’d take either of the tbh. O’dea is very highly thought of at Celtic 

4 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Sack mathie and glendinning  

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'm not sure I believe the rumours about not being able to bring their own backroom team or have final say on transfers. That simply can't be the case.

As you say we won't be able to attract anyone (other than a rookie former player or a coach wanting their crack at the top job). 

If we’re sticking with the head coach model then they shouldn’t really be getting a say on transfers tbh. They should be able to bring in their own assistant though. 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

If we’re sticking with the head coach model then they shouldn’t really be getting a say on transfers tbh. They should be able to bring in their own assistant though. 

I don’t think there’s any kind of adequate model where the manager or head coach gets absolutely no say on transfers. 

1 minute ago, Scott-ish said:

Another name to fling in. Would John Kennedy be looking to take on the top job at a club. He's got a lot of experience in coaching and being #2.

The McGeady connection also.

Think Celtic would want way too much compensation for him to join. Thy refused his move to spurs 

Just now, ryanayr1987 said:

Think Celtic would want way too much compensation for him to join. Thy refused his move to spurs 

Yeah, he'd definately cost a bit. Guys like him have to take a step back to make a mark on management though. He's probably got a job for life at Celtic though.