The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, itzdrk said:

If Bullen wants to comment on things he's essentially just a fan now if he's decided to keep an interest, carry on IMO.  

He's pretty unlikely to be saying anything controversial publicly so no harm in it. 

Absolute scenes when he publicly accuses you of swiping his gilet.

17 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I loved Roberts as a player but he was a very poor manager. He was also given far too much time when he evidently wasn't good enough. He should have never had his contract renewed after 13/14. 

Roberts being a player-manager put me off that idea completely. That's why I was so skeptical of Mark Kerr at first. Mark Kerr had a plan though, you could see what he was trying to do. Mark Roberts didn't, his ideas and excuses ran out quickly.

Would I be nasty to him if I saw him at Somerset? No. Not at all. Nor should anyone be that pathetic.

I'm certain the good memories of his play off goals and goal against Hibs at Somerset outweigh his poor stint as manager. 

Edited by Roxanne's man
Scored a good few goals for Ayr.

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

Absolute scenes when he publicly accuses you of swiping his gilet.

As a bald man I'd have to be very careful. 

Maybe it's more of a reflection of the nature of of modern football, but I don't think there's much wrong with Bullen making comments about Ayr.

Granted, posting on Facebook maybe is a bit off, but we wouldn't think twice about it if he was doing punditry or a podcast.  

As Robbo said, he obviously built relationships in his time at the club so I think it's unreasonable to expect him to just cut those out now he's lost his job.  

He was seemingly a nice guy who lost his job due to results. There's really not much else to it. 

51 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

You worked out how the subs board works yet Robbo?

Seen you fidgeting with it during the game on Sat. 

😂 you only have seconds to get the numbers programmed in as to who is coming on and off , murder when double subs are happening having to fill in sub slips also , don’t get much notice , getting the hang of it 😁

47 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

His goal against Hibs was quality. I prefer to remember Mark Roberts the player rather than the manager. 

That goal against Hibs was also the final Ayr United goal of my Papa's lifetime. He ended up being too ill to go to games but I was telling him about it the next day in the hospice. He was buzzing that we'd beat Hibs. That was the last conversation we ever had because he lost the ability to speak and died a couple of nights later.

Anyway, I am grateful to Mark Roberts for scoring a goal that brought a smile to my Papa's face in his last days. That far, far outweighs his stint as manager.

Marko - in the unlikely event that you ever read this, thank you.

Mark Roberts - Good player, Great Goals.

Your Papa - Nothing short of a Legend.

I'm not religious myself but I like to think that when people pass on, they look down on us from somewhere up in the sky. I'm positive your papa gets a birds eye view of Somerset every other week 😊👍

12 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Gondoh( having a jersey hung on a broom would be an upgrade on Gondoh)

Gondoh (who is currently banging them out) now has as his home ground a place called the Dripping Pan.

3 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I've never had my employers or people from work on social media.

We are colleagues, not friends.

This is wild to me. My mates are pretty much evenly divided between people I knew when I was 21 and people I met at work. The exceptions are pals of the above two groups that I got to know, or Internet randos (who again skew heavily towards the "people I knew when I was 21" demographic.

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

This is like when Game of Thrones finished. 

It's over, let it go. 

People forgot about Game of Thrones immediately. It was pretty remarkable.

Nevertheless, if Brown Town continues what it promises then things will die down pretty quickly. Much like the Roberts years were very quickly tamped down when jobby came in.

38 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Mark Roberts - Good player, Great Goals.

Your Papa - Nothing short of a Legend.

I'm not religious myself but I like to think that when people pass on, they look down on us from somewhere up in the sky. I'm positive your papa gets a birds eye view of Somerset every other week 😊👍

It was my Papa who first started taking me to games. This is all his fault. 😂 

He'd have rather been on the North Terrace. I wonder if he'd have liked the new look.

1 minute ago, Curmudgeon said:

Maybe Bullen will recommend to Sheffield Wednesday that they put in a bid for the Ginger Giroud.

Offer £1.5m and we can open negotiations.

Maybe he can stitch up the c**t that sold us Bangala and get him back

16 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

His goal against Hibs was quality. I prefer to remember Mark Roberts the player rather than the manager. 

That goal against Hibs was also the final Ayr United goal of my Papa's lifetime. He ended up being too ill to go to games but I was telling him about it the next day in the hospice. He was buzzing that we'd beat Hibs. That was the last conversation we ever had because he lost the ability to speak and died a couple of nights later.

Anyway, I am grateful to Mark Roberts for scoring a goal that brought a smile to my Papa's face in his last days. That far, far outweighs his stint as manager.

Marko - in the unlikely event that you ever read this, thank you.

Richey, that’s a terrific post.

Just emphasised the importance of having football in our lives and supporting your local team.