The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, ecocme said:

100% agree, the squad isn’t any stronger at all. I’d hoped we’d have brought in at least 1 other starter of reasonable quality. Outside of Murphy and Chalmers who were both poor today there’s zero creativity in that squad. 

I actually thought we really missed Reading today, relying on Mousunda to provide width down the left was never going to work. 

Feels strange to say after last season, but hopefully Paddy is back soon - he rarely gets injured so it is typical that he does when he had been looking good under Brown. 

22 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Letting Rose go was an aberration IMO.

You pepper comedic posts with salient posts and I don't know if I’m coming or going with some of your posts. This being one of them. Your trend is to ‘tread a fine line’ between truth and fiction. I’m a fan of it but sometimes I’m just like “ffs Richey”. 

Edited by shizzlemanizzle

9 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

I cannot wait until the day half this squad leaves.

Aye this. f**k me, we are so brutal to watch sometimes. 

Things have improved a bit of late, but you can't polish a shite. I hope we have a huge turnover in the summer.

1 minute ago, AUcal said:

Aye this. f**k me, we are so brutal to watch sometimes. 

Things have improved a bit of late, but you can't polish a shite. I hope we have a huge turnover in the summer.

Seeing the shite that Brown has sanctioned doesn’t give me much hope. 

31 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I didn’t see any of the second half as the stream went to shit, thankfully can make it along on Tuesday. 

Yeah - regardless of his poor Chalmers is playing I still wouldn’t be taking him off when we need a goal. Particularly as we have nothing to replace him with. 

How were Willoughby and McHugh? 

Genuinely couldn’t comment. Willoughby lacks strength from what I’ve seen. McHugh tried to get involved but I wasn’t too sure why we brought him on at the expense of Syla. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Genuinely couldn’t comment. Willoughby lacks strength from what I’ve seen. McHugh tried to get involved but I wasn’t too sure why we brought him on at the expense of Syla. 

Was hoping we might see something from Willoughby, given he got thirty minutes. 

2 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

You pepper comedic posts with salient posts and I don't no if I’m coming or going with some of your posts. This being one of them. Your trend is to ‘tread a fine line’ between truth and fiction. I’m a fan of it but sometimes I’m just like “ffs Richey”. 

I wasn't being totally serious. Although I have talked Rose up in other threads he is a bit pish.

The people that said Sanders is a good solid centre back can stand in the corner and face the wall until further notice.  I would also love to see the recruitment analysis that led us to sign Willoughby - he’s so bad I’m actually starting to believe we should have kept Rose. 

Any hope I had that Chalmers might respond the right way to his recent kick up the backside were well and truly dashed today.  Would much rather we’d thrown on Amartey or Tomlinson than McGeady right enough - at least there’s a possibility of him being pacey and direct.

Been impressed with Brown, but there’s only so much you can do with such a chronically poor group of players.  I really hope we don’t pay the price for not strengthening in January.

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Gonna get a bit of a doing on Tuesday me thinks. 

On Albinson that's two managers now that have dropped him for what looks like non performance related reasons. 

It kind of looks very much like performance issues to me? 

Given he was only dropped after poor performances. 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

It kind of looks very much like performance issues to me? 

Given he was only dropped after poor performances. 

A performance so bad he was dropped in favour of a 19 year old loanee who was just signed this morning? 

Not buying it. 

3 minutes ago, Nelson said:

The people that said Sanders is a good solid centre back can stand in the corner and face the wall until further notice.  I would also love to see the recruitment analysis that led us to sign Willoughby - he’s so bad I’m actually starting to believe we should have kept Rose. 

Any hope I had that Chalmers might respond the right way to his recent kick up the backside were well and truly dashed today.  Would much rather we’d thrown on Amartey or Tomlinson than McGeady right enough - at least there’s a possibility of him being pacey and direct.

Been impressed with Brown, but there’s only so much you can do with such a chronically poor group of players.  I really hope we don’t pay the price for not strengthening in January.

I mean, shouldn't really be surprised if Willoughby turns out to be another dud.