The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

42 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

This can only be a good thing and possibly the potential of a few under 21 players at Ayr 🤔 Worked with Daniel Harvie, Doohan, McKenna etc....

Edited by Roxanne's man
Spelt Harvie wrong.

https://dafc.co.uk/ayr-united-reserves-v-dunfermline-reserves/

AYR UNITED: Derren Fairns: Kyle Fraser (David Craig 54), Jude McClymont, Carter Jenkins, Lewis Allan, Dario Viviani, Scott Tomlinson (Evan Ferguson 63), Shaun Donnelly, Max Guthrie, Paul Smith, Bruce Strachan (Adam McNally 72)
SUBS: Jack Allan, Liam Breuls (GK)

Probably highlights that Paul Smith who will be 22 next month should move on if he couldn't get on the bench at the weekend.

feel bad for Paul Smith started off as 4th choice midfielder then Murdoch and Dempsey get injured and Pendlebury leaves and he has a chance to stamp himself into the first team then immeadietly gets overtaken by Syla, Young and Senga, but i do think he probably will move on 

13 hours ago, muZZa__44 said:

feel bad for Paul Smith started off as 4th choice midfielder then Murdoch and Dempsey get injured and Pendlebury leaves and he has a chance to stamp himself into the first team then immeadietly gets overtaken by Syla, Young and Senga, but i do think he probably will move on 

Hasn't he been in/around the first team squad since McCall? I realise he would have been about 16 when McCall was here, but wasn't he one of the early academy guys to sign pro?

If so that's Kerr, White, Hopkin, Duffy, White, Bullen, White & Brown who haven't fancied him for a prolonged run in the team...I'd be looking to move on too if I wanted regular 1st team minutes

Unless he's one of the guys with a good job away from fitba and doesn't mind his current spot in the Ayr United pecking order

7 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Hasn't he been in/around the first team squad since McCall? I realise he would have been about 16 when McCall was here, but wasn't he one of the early academy guys to sign pro?

If so that's Kerr, White, Hopkin, Duffy, White, Bullen, White & Brown who haven't fancied him for a prolonged run in the team...I'd be looking to move on too if I wanted regular 1st team minutes

Unless he's one of the guys with a good job away from fitba and doesn't mind his current spot in the Ayr United pecking order

I am led to believe he is Davie Whites nephew.

he made his debut under Kerr but was training with the first team in Mcall's last season was on loan at Cumnock during the first half of 21/22 season then came back in January and started getting games, 18 starts in 51 apperances across what will be 2 and a half seasons (and this season has made less starts this season then last)  in comparison Bryden has 17 in 62 apperances and Bryden is 2 years younger thou i reckon Smith has also had more competition getting in midfeild then Bryden has as a striker (and now seemingly also contributing playing on the wing)

What’s everyone’s thoughts? Is mathie away and just hasn’t been announced  or has he taken a step back away from the public side of things? 

I find it strange we haven’t heard from him since Bullen left as he had been giving us updates every 2/3 months until that point 

31 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts? Is mathie away and just hasn’t been announced  or has he taken a step back away from the public side of things? 

I find it strange we haven’t heard from him since Bullen left as he had been giving us updates every 2/3 months until that point 

He has made some posts on Twitter relating to Ayr United so I assume he's probably taken a step back from the public facing side of things.

23 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

He has a bit of a thankless job to be fair.

When he does do stuff, it’s normally ripped to bits. Mostly deserved.

But. 

He doesn’t help himself. He seems to be big on ideas and small on details a lot of the time. Speaking regularly on things would be better than the feeling that he’s dragged out against his will when things get critical. 

Him not being visible obviously doesn’t mean he’s doing f**k all, there will be loads he has to do Monday to Friday. Hopefully working deals for next season is one of them. But there have been a couple of mentions of his absence now so he’ll no doubt be in front of a camera soon. 

2 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Hopefully doing his job 👌I see him as I do every middle manager at my work.... Cannot stand their waffle! An expert in talking round in circles 

29 minutes ago, Iain said:

Unless they're together?

Put that on twitter/X and it would be in the top 5% of “least batshit crazy”. Someone bookmark this and come back to me with lols when it turns out that 1 of her kids has indeed done her in.