The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

24 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Killie fan at work today was adamant that we’ve signed Jack Sanders on a PCA. 

1697134699826.gif

I don't think Sanders is as bad as people make out tbh. Has had a few brain farts since joining but could be down to a lack of game time before arriving. He's shown signs of being capable at this level and is much better at passing the ball out from the back than McGinty is

6 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

I don't think Sanders is as bad as people make out tbh. Has had a few brain farts since joining but could be down to a lack of game time before arriving. He's shown signs of being capable at this level and is much better at passing the ball out from the back than McGinty is

Twice since he’s joined, he has received the ball from the keeper, controlled it under no pressure, froze and stared in to space for several seconds before being dispossessed of the ball. That’s more than a brainfart. You can excuse his own goal, maybe even being at fault for two goals in the same game by being out of position for exactly the same ball twice…..but collectively, in what, 10 games? 

Can’t say I’d be surprised if we signed Sanders permanently. He’s the one defender that has played consistently under Brown (once he got in the team) and hasn’t been dropped after a mistake despite the same fate befalling other members of the squad such as McGinty and Syla. 

I think there’s room for improvement but I also think he’s a pretty bog standard centre half for this league. If you pair him alongside someone else who’s better then he’ll be fine. A bit like Aaron Muirhead. Can see it more likely that McGinty and Musonda leave in the summer. 

Sanders might actually work quite well in a back five as the right side of the three center backs, has a bit of pace, can pick out pass if Brown can coach out the brain farts (the send goal against Raith is a stand out for me) he could do well.

The problem is, we should be looking to bin as much of that defence as possible. Yet McAllister new contract, Reading not far off being announced, rumours of Clarke and Sanders signing with McGinty and Stanger already under contract. Jeez Louise will we ever learn? 

Even if Brown thinks he can get a tune out of this defence, realistically how much can you accomplish with them, even with the best coaching. I don't think I've got any more leeway to give them and would prefer to just rip it up and start again. 

When McGinty joined at first he was good in the air but an absolute bombscare using his feet but i would say he has improved on that side of his game while at the club, there's nothing to say Sanders can't make that improvement too. 

13 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

When McGinty joined at first he was good in the air but an absolute bombscare using his feet but i would say he has improved on that side of his game while at the club, there's nothing to say Sanders can't make that improvement too. 

Ah, You could argue that McGinty improved a lot under Bullen. I was a hater originally. With Bullen gone now, it'll be good watching to see how Sanders turns out under Brown if he is signed permanently.

3 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Killie fan at work today was adamant that we’ve signed Jack Sanders on a PCA. 

Sure you didn't mishear and he has been handed in to the SSPCA to be rehomed?

Edited by Only me...
Can't spell

7 hours ago, AUcal said:

Was looking into our season and noticed that our points and goals scored under each manager are almost the same - the difference being the number the games played under each.

23/24 Points:

Bullen - 20 points from 20 games. PPG - 1

Brown - 19 pts from 12 games. PPG - 1.58

There's also 1 league game played, a win at home to Arbroath, that came after Brown was appointed but before he was in the dugout.

23/24 Goals Scored:

Bullen - 20 games - 25 goals - GPG 1.25

Brown - 12 games - 23 goals - GPG 1.91

Again, 2 goals scored at home to Arbroath under Davie White aren't included in either total.

A marked improvement over the course and I suspect we may pick up some additional points somewhere in the last 3 games. Still hoping for a pretty major overhaul of the squad in the summer, not sure to what extent that will be, but I'm feeling relatively content for now. I'm relatively confident we'll avoid 9th at this point and hopefully there's a decent summer of recruitment ahead.

I mean as proven here Brown has got 19 points from 12 games, with 36 games over the season that's you finishing on 57 points which would probably be enough for top 4 based on this season. 

Throw into the mix 2 or 3 quality signings for this level in the summer and you should fighting at the right end of the table next season, as we're all well aware it doesn't take a squad of world beaters to be competitive in the championship.

8 hours ago, AUcal said:

I'm relatively confident we'll avoid 9th at this point 

Must be the only one

Got this awful feeling there’s a few more twists and turns left in this season and not in our favour.

3 hours ago, Superhursty7 said:

We also have Whittaker who was a very good defender in his day

Whittaker was much better going forward than defensively. Admittedly that wasn't at this level but bombing fullbacks who can't really defend are not really a highlight of the Scottish secind tier.

2 hours ago, ComradeDiego said:

Must be the only one

Even if Ayr pick up zero more points this season it'd still require multiple other teams to massively buck their trends. Barring freakish results this weekend it should be practically if not mathematically sealed.

Edited by Thumper

9 hours ago, ComradeDiego said:

Must be the only one

Got this awful feeling there’s a few more twists and turns left in this season and not in our favour.

This seems borderline paranoid, especially coming off a 5-0 win.

1 hour ago, Iain said:

This seems borderline paranoid, especially coming off a 5-0 win.

Maybe so, but in a league where every team slits each others throats on a weekly basis I’d say it’s entirely rational.