The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

11 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Can only be a positive for away days, BBC will be creaming themselves at that too for logistics

Not for those of us now based in Aberdeen! We’ve lost all our “local” games in Inverness, Arbroath and Dundee in one fell swoop!

15 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I thought Samson Lawal for Caley was actually quite good for them. Seemed quite quick on the ball but also quite small. If it’s a case of mistaken identity and we’re actually interested in him then I’d be quite happy having him as an option. 

He’s a useful player I reckon. 

1 hour ago, munro7 said:

Not for those of us now based in Aberdeen! We’ve lost all our “local” games in Inverness, Arbroath and Dundee in one fell swoop!

Still an outside chance of getting a cheeky wee "local" trip to Dingwall (It is testament to how few shits anyone has ever given about Scotland's infrastructure that whether by car or train, it's only 45 minutes longer to get to Ross County games from Glasgow than it is from Aberdeen).

Hi All.

I have noticed there has been several references to the AU 500 Fund in recent days and thought it might be useful to give an update for those who are interested.

The AU 500 Fund relaunched as the AU Player Fund in September 2022 with the same commitment that all monies raised from monthly membership goes to the Ayr United Player Budget. We know have 250 + members with over 100 joining in the last year. Members monthly payments vary from £5 to £100 per month and this regular income allows the Fund to guarantee the Club a £50,000 contribution to the Player Budget even without any fund raising events or auctions.

We have now run two shirt auctions. Last years which apparently was “a bit of a shambles” raised just over £6000. It was set up at very short notice and conducted via email which made it very difficult to show live bids. This year we have used Match Worn Shirts. This was much more professional with the shirts displayed and current bids available to see. However with all the add on costs encountered by the bidders and the % taken by them we need to consider if we would use them again.

So the AU Player Fund is doing  well but always looking to improve and increase membership. If anyone is interested in joining please email info@auplayerfund.co.uk

AU Player Fund

41 minutes ago, JohnGAYR said:

which apparently was “a bit of a shambles” raised just over £6000. It was set up at very short notice and conducted via email which made it very difficult to show live bids.

It was me who said it was a bit of a shambles, which it was due to sending emails to find out you’d already been outbid etc. 

it’s good it made money but the passive aggressive, it couldn’t be a shambles because it made money is a stretch. The fact a third party party platform was used this time shows that the fund has learned from the experience, that it wasn’t user friendly the first time. 

1 hour ago, JohnGAYR said:

Hi All.

I have noticed there has been several references to the AU 500 Fund in recent days and thought it might be useful to give an update for those who are interested.

The AU 500 Fund relaunched as the AU Player Fund in September 2022 with the same commitment that all monies raised from monthly membership goes to the Ayr United Player Budget. We know have 250 + members with over 100 joining in the last year. Members monthly payments vary from £5 to £100 per month and this regular income allows the Fund to guarantee the Club a £50,000 contribution to the Player Budget even without any fund raising events or auctions.

We have now run two shirt auctions. Last years which apparently was “a bit of a shambles” raised just over £6000. It was set up at very short notice and conducted via email which made it very difficult to show live bids. This year we have used Match Worn Shirts. This was much more professional with the shirts displayed and current bids available to see. However with all the add on costs encountered by the bidders and the % taken by them we need to consider if we would use them again.

So the AU Player Fund is doing  well but always looking to improve and increase membership. If anyone is interested in joining please email info@auplayerfund.co.uk

AU Player Fund

Surely putting them on Ebay next year would be the best way, can see the current bids and keep it all in house meaning more money for the club?

33 minutes ago, wullieaufc said:

Surely putting them on Ebay next year would be the best way, can see the current bids and keep it all in house meaning more money for the club?

You still pay fees on EBay but they come out the sellers end rather than the buyer 

Who we wanting to go/stay up between County and Raith Rovers? Both got a bit of money behind them and you’d think either would start as favourites for the league next season given that fact. 

12 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Who we wanting to go/stay up between County and Raith Rovers? Both got a bit of money behind them and you’d think either would start as favourites for the league next season given that fact. 

Would rather keep Raith 

County would just put stupid money in their squad similar to Dundee United. Plus county only going to bring 10 away supporters

13 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Rather have Raith 

14 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Raith to stay.

Would have been happy for them to go up if it was St. Johnstone coming down.

30 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Raith for me. It'll be the most championship type championship ever and I'm looking forward to it, hopefully!

With everyone wanting to keep Raith, over the fear that County will throw £ at getting straight back up.... I take it we don't fear the same method from Livi? I'm not as clued as us some of you with Club finances etc.

Raith to stay down for me, they never really battered us this season to think we are miles behind them, Roy McGregor will just punt money in to get County back up first time, a championship of Livingston, Raith, Thistle, Airdrie, Morton, Dunfermline, Ayr, Queen's Park, Falkirk and Hamilton is as wide open as I've ever seen it if we get recruitment right who knows what could happen.

5 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

With everyone wanting to keep Raith, over the fear that County will throw £ at getting straight back up.... I take it we don't fear the same method from Livi? I'm not as clued as us some of you with Club finances etc.

Livi could well fold before ICT, as their finances ain't much better plus the legal ownership wrangle that's going on

6 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Livi could well fold before ICT, as their finances ain't much better plus the legal ownership wrangle that's going on

If Livi folded would Cally Thistle stay up? and if Cally folded would Arbroath then stay up? Random question I know but both going in a short period of time would madness.

Posted (edited)

If Raith do stay down it will be the most central belt of leagues that there has ever been. With us and Raith probably being the longest distance apart.

Was going to say that would hopefully mean better overall attendances across the board for all clubs, but that's probably not likely given some of the teams and their away crowds.

Edited by AUcal