The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Posted (edited)

There's Celtic fans in our end every single week, it's just that for this particular meaningless friendly they'll be supporting Celtic 

I really can't see anyone stopping supporting us due to this.  If we are top of the league and playing good football in October the town will be buzzing and crowds will be big, boosted in part by local OF fans who dont go.  If we are 8th or 9th and playing shite yet again the crowds will be low.  

I'm going for the former BTW - signings been excellent so far and I'm personally feeling very positive about the season to come. 

Edited by Hursty

31 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Ayr fans in a half full SRE and no extra player signed vs Celtic fans in a full SRE and the cash allowing us a new signing of a similar standard to the 4 we have made so far for what will be a fairly comfortable defeat in a friendly and a Celtic party either way?  Seems an absolute no brainer Option 1 for me.  

I'll add that I've not paid into a friendly for over a decade and got no intention of changing that anytime soon, the 'official' opening of the new stand in my eyes will be the Falkirk game in the League Cup. 

Jeez,

From afar what a pickle Ayr fans have got themselves  in

Fact - your manager - Scott  Brown was considered a Celtic great - Legend. Surprised many of us he ended up Ayr so well done you - re Covid never got a big send off from Celtic.- it’s clear people wanted to sort that .

He is now Ayr manager and seems committed to success. You are opening a new stand and he facilitates that Celtic come  along and because he has not had a proper send off , he sells the place out-

- probably one of the bigger crowds you have had in years .

So well done him- the funds will certainly help your transfer budget - for the sensitive woke fans clearly no need to turn up - just enjoy the benefits …..

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Jeez,

Fact - your manager - Scott  Brown was considered a Celtic great - Legend. Surprised many of us he ended up Ayr so well done you - re Covid never got a big send off from Celtic.- it’s clear people wanted to sort that .

He is now Ayr manager and seems committed to success. You are opening a new stand and he facilitates that Celtic come  along and because he has not had a proper send off , he sells the place out-

So well done him- the funds will certainly help your transfer budget - for the sensitive woke fans clearly no need to turn up - just enjoy the benefits …..

Ps - re no turn up did not want to come across as aggressive - poor language just wanted to say the seat has probably already been sold so - so really no problem …

Edited by Its not only a game

Insert some joke about how Brown has actually been completely unaware until now that the SRE was the home end, as evidenced by his coin toss decisions until now.

Half the directors are Celtic fans. Would be astonished if this weren't the case in all but about four clubs in the country.

11 minutes ago, Hursty said:

There's Celtic fans in our end every single week, it's just that for this particular meaningless friendly they'll be supporting Celtic 

I really can't see anyone stopping supporting us due to this.  If we are top of the league and playing good football in October the town will be buzzing and crowds will be big, boosted in part by local OF fans who dont go.  If we are 8th or 9th and playing shite yet again the crowds will be low.  

I'm going for the former BTW - signings been excellent so far and I'm personally feeling very positive about the season to come. 

If people stop supporting us because we sell the sre out to Celtic then that’s probably not a bad thing and those people will be pinning their red white and blue colours to the mast 

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

Insert some joke about how Brown has actually been completely unaware until now that the SRE was the home end, as evidenced by his coin toss decisions until now.

Half the directors are Celtic fans. Would be astonished if this weren't the case in all but about four clubs in the country.

Sorry have no idea what you are saying….

Just now, ryanayr1987 said:

If people stop supporting us because we sell the sre out to Celtic then that’s probably not a bad thing and those people will be pinning their red white and blue colours to the mast 

Aye. Being irked that the home end gets sold out to one side of the OF automatically means you must support the other. 

14 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Wasn't on here when that happened.. So i don't have years of commenst to back me up. But if i was i'd have been incandescent.  I  detest rangers. The fascists can get fucked as far as i'm concerned. Sooner they get liquidated again the better. And it was a riddy seeing the orcs in our north stand for the cup tie recently. Likewise when i was wee and they had the SRE. 

I do think, no matter what, you should have an area of your stadium that is non negotiably home fans. Pishy, non material game or not. 

We are making it the North Terrace 😉

11 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Looking forward to the next signing announcement at Ayr.

image.png.4738f4249bcd0d5d907619bf011bc172.png

Time to get the old flag back out for the game.  

IMG-20190508-WA0004.jpg

3 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Will you quit it with this pish. Why on earth does disliking Celtic make you a Rangers fan.

Agree it would be odd to stop supporting the club, which I don't think anyone has suggested anyway, but that does not make you a Rangers supporter. It's actually possible to not support either Glasgow club you know.

Is it maybe you thats got a big team from Glasgow? Probably not so maybe it's time to stop accusing others of the same.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I actually have the problem of not knowing what side of the old firm I hate the most 🤔 both equally full of sectarian shite.

Though Ayr have obviously had more meetings with Sevco in recent years, swaying me in that direction. Though not keen on Celtic either.

I remember the Ayr Vs Team formerly known as Rangers at Somerset in what....2003? Amaruso spat on James Grady. I remember it being the first time that I had ever been in the away end, as they had let the blue and white sheep into the home end, as it held a bigger crowd. Felt very odd watching your home team in the away end at home 😂

Think It was 0-1 final score. Stewart Kean missed the biggest sitter I've ever seen and I've held that grudge.

Would there be a possibility of doing that? Swapping ends?

Edited by Roxanne's man
F.t.o.f

34 minutes ago, Thumper said:

What Ayr directors are Celtic fans? 

4 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Nobody said any of this when we gave Rangers the north terrace plenty times.  

Those times were about 5 to 10 years ago so not sure how anyone would remember.

I don’t give a shit about a friendly but I wouldn’t want us doing it in a competitive game. Which I don’t think we would anyway.

Posted (edited)

The worst bit about this in my view is that the banner they put up on the SRE was well made, in black and white and easy to read.

If you're gonnae do it at least scrawl the message on some manky bed sheets ffs

Edited by AUcal

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Jeez,

FFS - thank you for replying-  I've just realised I got that mixed up and made an arse of myself - was meant to say option 2 🤣🤣🤣🤣.  Totally agree with you haha 

Edited by Hursty