The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

To be fair, think they have all mentioned a conversation with the gaffer - could have made his pitch weeks ago mind.

It's funny that nobody has even considered that he might have Skyped them, like every interview in every other occupation.

But also - Bullen put pen to paper for multiple players he'd never even seen! Admittedly the chance that a player based in Edinburgh rather than Bethnal Green would be unable to travel for a face-to-face is a bit different, but still. It's been a funny old few years.

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

It's funny that nobody has even considered that he might have Skyped them, like every interview in every other occupation.

But also - Bullen put pen to paper for multiple players he'd never even seen! Admittedly the chance that a player based in Edinburgh rather than Bethnal Green would be unable to travel for a face-to-face is a bit different, but still. It's been a funny old few years.

And Hopkin buggered off on holiday and everything came to a standstill while he was away...

1 hour ago, Ayrmail said:

Had to google that not because I didn’t believe you just I had questions, so it £18k for each of the teams involved no wonder they are trying to cut costs(premier sports) , they need to sell 2500 passes at £14 to break even. No wonder the bbc pay us peanuts for our Friday night games. 

TV money gets put into a pot as well does it not, or at least it used to, or something like that.

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

TV money gets put into a pot as well does it not, or at least it used to, or something like that.

I think most teams are using bank accounts now. Maybe not Morton.

15 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

TV money gets put into a pot as well does it not, or at least it used to, or something like tha

Nope . £18K for any team on tv . £60k to get out the group ! 

On the SRE saga , so it looks like Celtic will bring 6,000 fans on the fifth . This will give us perhaps around £100k . That’s two class full backs on a one year deal right there !! 
Our challenge is to sell the other 4,000 and jam the north bank and stand with black and white ! To the young team that are hurting right now , it happen to my generation, we got thrown out the railway end , not for a game but for ever . When one door closes another opens , why not take over those three banks of seats nearest the railway end , force the club to move the fence and do your thing yards from the away fans ? Roof overhead, so now potential for some real noise . Balls in your court fellas ! We want you with us . 

26 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

The bbc money goes into the league pot but the home club gets a very small amount so Lachlan said before 

28 minutes ago, railwayend said:

On the SRE saga , so it looks like Celtic will bring 6,000 fans on the fifth . This will give us perhaps around £100k . That’s two class full backs on a one year deal right there !! 
Our challenge is to sell the other 4,000 and jam the north bank and stand with black and white ! To the young team that are hurting right now , it happen to my generation, we got thrown out the railway end , not for a game but for ever . When one door closes another opens , why not take over those three banks of seats nearest the railway end , force the club to move the fence and do your thing yards from the away fans ? Roof overhead, so now potential for some real noise . Balls in your court fellas ! We want you with us . 

Was there any particular reason for changing the home end from the railway end to the Somerset road end? I have always thought noise coming from there is so much louder from the SRE.

1 hour ago, Superhursty7 said:

Was there any particular reason for changing the home end from the railway end to the Somerset road end? I have always thought noise coming from there is so much louder from the SRE.

That's just because there's nothing to sing about for the fans in the Somerset Road End. 

Trying to get away from the SRE chat, interesting comments from Brown on website: “"It's a really competitive transfer market and I'm happy we've so far got the ones we wanted who were first choice for the positions we needed to fill. Obviously you're going to miss out at times but the squad's coming together nicely and we'd still like a couple more." 

I hope he’s severely under cooking it by saying “a couple more” as we’re still 5 or 6 players away imo. 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Trying to get away from the SRE chat, interesting comments from Brown on website: “"It's a really competitive transfer market and I'm happy we've so far got the ones we wanted who were first choice for the positions we needed to fill. Obviously you're going to miss out at times but the squad's coming together nicely and we'd still like a couple more." 

I hope he’s severely under cooking it by saying “a couple more” as we’re still 5 or 6 players away imo. 

I’d be more worried with him saying the positions that “needed to fill”. Folk laugh and joke, but we’re going with McAllister and Reading. 

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I’d be more worried with him saying the positions that “needed to fill”. Folk laugh and joke, but we’re going with McAllister and Reading. 

IMG_0033.gif