The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

He played a few games for U Cluj, not The Cluj.

Kind of like saying he played for Rangers but it's Berwick Rangers. 

A Glendinning tombola pick right there. Hope to God it's not true.

They missed out on qualifying for the Europa conference league on penalties, it's hardly scraping around the bottom of the lowland league for f**k sake :lol:

Edited by itzdrk

14 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

It’s not like saying that at all though is it? Both teams are Romanian top league. You’re being negative about the signing before he’s even in the door, get a grip ffs. 

Sorry Mum.

I forgot how well we've done with players like this in the past. Maybe he's gem, fingers crossed.

1 minute ago, Scott-ish said:

Sorry Mum.

I forgot how well we've done with players like this in the past. Maybe he's gem, fingers crossed.

You are aware Coventry City are an English championship side and not some Vanarama South jobber team. 

The guys been on the books of Coventry for a few years and papped out on loan in England, and most recently in Romania. 

He's not rocking up in a tractor ffs

3 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

The important question… how’s our social media gonna post as the cryptic photo before we announce it 

gettyimages-168967170.jpg.2873e1b6a2239dd2f5714d717de6e7fa.jpg

ecqrjug2me681.png.39315190355fff273909d292eb5e16c5.png

30 minutes ago, Peil said:

The guys been on the books of Coventry for a few years and papped out on loan in England, and most recently in Romania. 

He's not rocking up in a tractor ffs

Don't give the media team any crazy ideas.

1 minute ago, Its not only a game said:

Can I ask as not really been following and picked up various numbers .

Have Celtic sold circa 6000 tickets ?Have Ayr sold circa 2000 tickets ? Do you expect a circa 8000 crowd for a friendly in July? If so - wow- if so can the horrible OF( both welcome) come to new Bayview - we could sign some players on that income ….

but seriously well done Ayr management if this is near accurate .👏👏👏

Here you we have just put that fire out haha. A lot of people not happy about it ( I can understand that) but the club making a shed load of cash is fine for me it only one game after all 

The overreaction to the signing of anyone who has so much as ventured across the border is laughable. He might well be shite but simply writing him off as a shite Glenndinning signing is total laziness. 

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Read it as Marco Reus and thought "what a fcking coup that is". Old age isnt fun 😑

I think he would be almost out whole playing budget.  

39 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The overreaction to the signing of anyone who has so much as ventured across the border is laughable. He might well be shite but simply writing him off as a shite Glenndinning signing is total laziness. 

This, as you say he may well be shite however given we already have two starting wingers in Murphy and Henderson he’s worth a punt. He just needs to contribute more than Amartey and McGeady did this season to be considered a success. 

I’d be a bit more concerned if we were making this sort of signing for the RB position. They need to be an almost guaranteed success or we risk a Ahui/McAllister situation. 

15 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I think he would be almost out whole playing budget.  

Even with the Green and White £?