The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

That's my only concern so far the majority of signings are loan players only Gorgeous George and Dowdes are our players, we don't want to be in a situation in January where any of these guys have been brilliant and get recalled to there parent club to be punted somewhere else like Chalmers a few seasons back or to put them in there squads.

23 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

Don’t think there’s a limit on cross border loans.

Agree that we shouldn’t be relying on the loan market though.

12 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

We had Chalmers, Dowds, Ahui, Senga, and Young all at one point last season. Also, are we just assuming this is a loan and not a transfer? 

12 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Think it is a limit of 5 from Scotland and either 6 or 7 from abroad (FIFA reduced it because of the big clubs taking the piss). 

Sorry, I meant more from a squad building point of view. Obviously we’ll have spaces left and if so desired we could fill our team with loans from England. I meant more in terms of having players tied down beyond this season. If you’re relying on 5-6 loans in your squad well then that’s 5 or 6 players you definitely have to replace or convince to sign next season. 

Posted (edited)

I personally don’t have too much of an issue we usually have a couple of loans in our squad most seasons thou going back to back to back with them I hope that’s it for loans till deadline day at the very least 

Personally I would limit it to 4/5 loans preferable the earlier option

Edited by muZZa__44

4 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

That's my only concern so far the majority of signings are loan players only Gorgeous George and Dowdes are our players, we don't want to be in a situation in January where any of these guys have been brilliant and get recalled to there parent club to be punted somewhere else like Chalmers a few seasons back or to put them in there squads.

Are a couple them in last year of contract so unlikely to be recalled 

43 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Henderson could also be a potentially have an option to buy on his loan deal (doubt that for Stone)

Yeah you get many types of loans :

Development : Defo Stone .

Run down contract : Defo Henderson .

The lad Marco could come under either category, but more likely the later .

i agree we don’t want to overload the team with 21 year old loanees ! Hopefully our next two or three signings are 27/28 first picks on two year deal . 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

My only concern is that surely we only have space for one more loan after this one? You want to get player tied down on 2 year contracts if possible and with loan players there’s always the risk they get pulled away in January due to injuries at the parent club or if someone else wants them. 

International loans are booked differently iirc. Almost treated as a transfer, with a deferred fee from memory.

12 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

To be fair, a lot of our loan players in the recent seasons have been very good. 

Kelly, Maxwell, Chalmers, Dowds etc

Hopefully these guys can join that list.

Especially when compared to the Chalmers we actually signed..... I'll never forget his end of season OG against Queen of the South ❤️

th.jpg

36 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

To be fair, a lot of our loan players in the recent seasons have been very good. 

Kelly, Maxwell, Chalmers, Dowds etc

Hopefully these guys can join that list.

Short lived and under used but i'd be adding Bradley to that list.  

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Short lived and under used but i'd be adding Bradley to that list.  

A player who’s also available for a move. With the signings of Henderson and Rus we probably don’t need anyone in that area but that would be a great move for us. 

2 hours ago, Oceanlineayr said:

Especially when compared to the Chalmers we actually signed..... I'll never forget his end of season OG against Queen of the South ❤️

th.jpg

His greatest contribution to Ayr United. 

1 minute ago, wullieaufc said:

See someone on that Ayr United fans worldwide has said Musonda has turned down a contract offer from us and has already said his goodbyes

Our best left back. 

2 minutes ago, wullieaufc said:

See someone on that Ayr United fans worldwide has said Musonda has turned down a contract offer from us and has already said his goodbyes

Has Charles bought his plane ticket to come over yet?