The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I think every team goes through a dry period of the window where you have a week or two without a signing. We've still got 6 weeks until our first competitive match so I'm a bit more laid back (surprisingly)

4 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I think every team goes through a dry period of the window where you have a week or two without a signing. We've still got 6 weeks until our first competitive match so I'm a bit more laid back (surprisingly)

Yeah not too worried and with pre-season matches if we need positions covered well bring in youth players be curious to see who might get the call ups

18 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Yeah not too worried and with pre-season matches if we need positions covered well bring in youth players be curious to see who might get the call ups

Suppose Tomlinson night have a part to play in that. He could be number 2 for a shiny new RB. Some clarification with Musonda would be nice soon.

6 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Suppose Tomlinson night have a part to play in that. He could be number 2 for a shiny new RB. Some clarification with Musonda would be nice soon.

Reckon they’ll give Watret the number two role at the very least for the friendlies and league cup before likely going out on Loan

1 hour ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Brown said he was wanting business done early though. 

Not that I'm expecting things this early but earlier than usual. 

Its imperative to get off to a good start next season, I don't see much leeway with the way the league is set up 

I think the signings are likely to come in waves. We’ve had a pretty strong start and I think we might hear about one or two tomorrow. Hopefully we follow that up next week but then that might be it until the league cup games start. 

After that there’s maybe a chance of guys under contract that Brown doesn’t rate, moving on. A bit like Ashford and Bangala who moved on after the season started last year. Then you might be looking at another 1-2 coming in. 

Then once the actual games start you’re likely to get a loan towards the very end of the window. 

Brown saying he wants his signings earlier doesn’t mean we’re going to get our whole lot in June and July. I think it’s pretty much agreed that we need a right back and two centre backs as a minimum before the group stage games. 

Pre-season starts next Monday I think, there will be a few players Brown will want to see before they sign. 
Id guess we’ll see 1-2 signings in the next week, in the door before it starts and then at least a couple more after that. 

On 02/06/2024 at 22:13, Hursty said:

On a non greeting about friendlies note - i see Viljami Sinisalo is again in the Finland squad for the game v Scotland next week, albeit as 3rd choice and their captain is the #1.   Could still be the case that an ex Ayr player scores v an ex Ayr keeper in an International game at Hampden - surely never happened before? 

IT'S HAPPENING.

RING THE ALARM.

8 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

peas GIF

Yeah, funny.

you could own it and demand your club does better. Where you aren’t begging for public handouts or writing off debts 

But you are hailing signing duds on £6k a week.

I”ll dance on your clubs grave while your to thick to work out where it all went wrong. Much like your big team. 

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Yeah, funny.

you could own it and demand your club does better. Where you aren’t begging for public handouts or writing off debts 

But you are hailing signing duds on £6k a week.

I”ll dance on your clubs grave while your to thick to work out where it all went wrong. Much like your big team. 

Donald Trump GIF

Glad you are having a good Friday night

Edited by Sortmeout